Toughness Variant

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I just thought of having toughness deduce three from the amount of HP at when you're considered dead, on top of what it does now. Ie +3 hp as well as dead at -13 instead of -10. Higher level characters too often drop from alive to dead, without a "dying" step in between.

Rav

Outergod

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Well, admit it or not, the sink feats are what makes the PrCs balanced with standard classes. Look at the archmage class for a great example.

So what are you saying? You think that the omission of sink feats causes PrCs to be overpowered? :)

Yeah well...I guess I'll just have to live with it. Everyone seems to think it rocks...and the bad guys get the same treatment so, as I said before, it all evens out in the end.

Still think that making the sink feats less "sinky" would make things better. I'm just trying to figure out what's best to do. After talking it over with a fellow DM I'm thinking I might just go ahead and give a +1 initial bonus to the save (from Iron Will for example) and then give another +1 every 5 or 6 levels...so you'd end up w/ a +4 or +5 vs. your normal +2...or maybe even a +1 at the time you take the feat and another +1 for every 7 levels after you take it...that would require keeping track of more stuff but it would also encourage taking the feat early....oh hell I don't know...

Outergod

DoctorB

First Post
I like the 1Hp/level variant. What do you think that does to balance?

(My players hate toughness but like the save feats. +2 is much more significant on a save than 3 hp)

Remove ads