D&D General TPKs of BG3 Honor Mode (Spoilers)

OB1

Jedi Master
While we're still in Act 3 (and 160 hours) of my first play thru of BG3, my wife (who I play in split screen with) was out of town this weekend, and I thought to give Honor Mode a go just for fun. 3 hours in, I got my party killed. This thread is dedicated to describing how you TPKed out of Honor Mode (and to brag about how far you made it before kicking the bucket)!

My 1st TPK

Playing a custom Half Elf Bard. Party was 2nd level. Talked my way past the ancient tomb robbers outside the ruined temple, triggered the fight with the robbers inside, and got Lae'zel killed, and ran, leaving her for dead. Wanting to get Withers to resurrect her, and not confident in being able to take on the robbers, I picked the lock to the basement of the ancient ruins and was doing pretty good. Yet for some dumb reason, I kept pressing w/o a long rest, even though I was nearly completely out of spell slots, I also had forgotten where Astarion was, so only had a party of 3. Triggered the undead fight after pressing the hidden button, and couldn't find a way to escape the half dozen or so undead that came out to fight me, taking first Gale, then Shadowheart (who gave me a chance with a Turn Undead that hit 4 of the enemies) and finally my bard just one round from getting out.

And I can't wait to give it another try. Have a feeling that Honor Mode is going to be a 2-3 year project.

While we're still in Act 3 (and 160 hours) of my first play thru of BG3, my wife (who I play in split screen with) was out of town this weekend, and I thought to give Honor Mode a go just for fun. 3 hours in, I got my party killed. This thread is dedicated to describing how you TPKed out of Honor Mode (and to brag about how far you made it before kicking the bucket)!

My 1st TPK

Playing a custom Half Elf Bard. Party was 2nd level. Talked my way past the ancient tomb robbers outside the ruined temple, triggered the fight with the robbers inside, and got Lae'zel killed, and ran, leaving her for dead. Wanting to get Withers to resurrect her, and not confident in being able to take on the robbers, I picked the lock to the basement of the ancient ruins and was doing pretty good. Yet for some dumb reason, I kept pressing w/o a long rest, even though I was nearly completely out of spell slots, I also had forgotten where Astarion was, so only had a party of 3. Triggered the undead fight after pressing the hidden button, and couldn't find a way to escape the half dozen or so undead that came out to fight me, taking first Gale, then Shadowheart (who gave me a chance with a Turn Undead that hit 4 of the enemies) and finally my bard just one round from getting out.

And I can't wait to give it another try. Have a feeling that Honor Mode is going to be a 2-3 year project.
Yes, that area is pretty tough at first or second level.

Remove ads