Tracking all this stuff

PeelSeel2

Explorer
I have located a manufacturer for chips. I can get them custom done and custom shaped. I am waiting to confirm how much they will be with the ability to use Dry Erase marker on them. I can also get them printed in different colors with different sayings on them.

If they are dry eraseable, I am going to get white chips that are 1", 2" and 3" to use for miniatures. This is a definite. I will resell these too.

I am looking at getting different colored discs with game use info printed on them. So as condition arise, I hand the chips out. I still don't know about this approach and whether it is worth investing in. Time will tell. As an alternative, I thought about making battle mats for each character for use with dry erase markers. Also make a bigger one for use by myself (this is kinda what we currently do, except we write current HP, conditions, etc. on a big dry erase mat on the table.)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Piratecat had a brilliant idea for "marking" - one of those value packs of sticky notes of different colors, and then cut 'em into strips. Stick the gummy end of a strip onto a marked critter, dispose when unneeded.

Alternately, color poke ships under the monsters, colored square cutouts, little colored twine loops (both of the latter are reusable), etc.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Little rubber bands could work too. Different colors, looped over a mini's arm or sword or something.

It would probably be too much work to have index cards in front of each player, with little chits on the card.

Speaking of poker chips.... You can use pennies, nickels and dimes too. They're not too big and not too hard to find.

Dave

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I've never had any trouble tracking the many, many track-able things over the years I've DMed, I don't see this as any different.

If things get out of hand, than I'll fudge it.

Ah, the allpowerful all power of the DM, How I love thee

senorcoo

First Post
I bit the bullet and bought the Alea Tools. They just came in and look WONDERFUL. The magnets are a bit too powerful causing them to attract or repel if they get too close on the board, but they are awesome!

Vaeron

Explorer
I use the initiative chart to note bloodied status / conditions / marks by using symbols, colors, or short words. Hasn't yet been cumbersome.

Remove ads