• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Traditions and multiclassing

We have had a preview on traditions and on multiclassing (just for the feats) separately.

What I'd like to know, if we can have a preview before Nov 5th, is how the two things interact.

If I have an Adept2/Herald2, when I take Adept4 I have access to another maneuver. Will I be able to take this combat maneuver only from the adept traditions list, or also from the herald's list?
What about max level traditions? Does the max level increase by multiclassing (somewhat like spell slots do), are we limited to the max level of either tradition, or the two things run independently in parallel (max level maneuvers for adept traditions for what concerns adept levels, and same for herald)

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
I'll leave previews to the boss but I can tell you two things that might be helpful for ya:

If you gain the Combat Maneuvers class feature from more than one class, you gain any additional combat traditions or maneuvers the features provide but your exertion pool remains the same and does not stack. (note there's a specific exception for the herald's unique situation there)

You use your class levels in every class that grants combat maneuvers to determine the highest degree of combat maneuvers you can learn, determined by the class with the greatest access. For example, if you have 3 levels of fighter and 10 levels of herald you can learn combat maneuvers of up to 4th degree (like a 13th level fighter).

That's very useful and clear, thanks!

So, basically, multiclassing allows you to pick maneuvers from traditions that would otherwise be unavailable, but you don't gain the associated exertion pool (with some exceptions). For the max maneuver level, is at if all martial classes count as full casters in the multiclass spell slots progression.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads