• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

Elodan

Adventurer
Iterative Attacks and Rapid Shot; how does it work?

For the sake of simplicity, my example is only going to use BAB.

Character has a BAB of +6 which gives him an iterative attack progression of +4/+4. If he elects to use the Rapid Shot feat, does his attack progression become +2/+2/+2 because of the additional -2 penalty for Rapid Shot?

Thanks.

(New PDF looks great.)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Character has a BAB of +6 which gives him an iterative attack progression of +4/+4. If he elects to use the Rapid Shot feat, does his attack progression become +2/+2/+2 because of the additional -2 penalty for Rapid Shot?

Yep. That's it exactly.

And if you're hasted, you get one extra attack at the same bonus: +2/+2/+2/+2... and so on.

This is true of all manufactured weapon (by default, iterative) attacks.

Natural attacks still have a -5 penalty for secondary attacks. I regret this somewhat, in hindsight, but I felt this was best for backwards compatibility with monster manuals.

(New PDF looks great.)

I reckon you could make a pretty good looking book out of it...

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 126

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I reckon you could. Now, if only I could find somewhere to purchase one. Possibly as a gift for a friend.

Understand that we want to release the best possible product (under the particular circumstances of Print-On-Demand).

Although I have had my proofs for a while now, and I am personally quite happy with them, they aren't ready until the Design Guru says they are ready. We have just a couple more quality issues to work out with Amazon, but I am hoping we can go live for sale today.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Available now through the print-on-demand subsidiary of Amazon, CreateSpace (link).

If you prefer to wait to order it directly through Amazon, it may take a few days to propagate through their system.

In my experience so far, the book prints and ships the day you order it; I'm guessing it prints at a distribution point nearest you.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Available now through the print-on-demand subsidiary of Amazon, CreateSpace (link).

If you prefer to wait to order it directly through Amazon, it may take a few days to propagate through their system.

In my experience so far, the book prints and ships the day you order it; I'm guessing it prints at a distribution point nearest you.

Follow the link to purchase the book directly through Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Trailblazer-New-Horizons-3-5-Roleplaying/dp/1449503608/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261865533&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Trailblazer: New Horizons in 3.5 Roleplaying (9781449503604): Benjamin Durbin, Ellen Durbin, Brad Kelley, Scott Purdy, Christopher Neveu: Books[/ame]

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Thank you all for your support. I am eager to see what folks think of the book after they start getting delivered. We had a few QA issues with CreateSpace and sorted them out to the best of our (and their) ability-- hence the long delays!

And finally I note that "trailblazer rpg" returns Trailblazer in the Amazon search engine. Seems like that took forever!

Last edited:

Remove ads