TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Do other modifiers to Touch AC, like the monk's extra AC (class and Wis) are added to the calculation of Combat Maneuver Defense?
I think saying so would not be controversial. After all, the TB book says
Combat Maneuver Defense = Touch AC + Melee Attack Bonus + Maneuver Modifier
Touch AC is all those things. Size modifiers too! And deflection gained from protection from evil.

How about this question. Can you use a Combat Reaction to Dodge, adding the dodge bonus to AC (and thus touch AC) so as to boost your CMD? I would say yes.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Do other modifiers to Touch AC, like the monk's extra AC (class and Wis) are added to the calculation of Combat Maneuver Defense?
They figure into the Touch AC part, as Eric Anondson said. So, they should already be a part of CMD.
How about this question. Can you use a Combat Reaction to Dodge, adding the dodge bonus to AC (and thus touch AC) so as to boost your CMD? I would say yes.
You would be correct. Though only when you can take a Combat Reaction (still have one, have acted this combat, and aren't surprised; or still have one and have Combat Reflexes) and can retain a Dodge bonus to AC.

jedavis

First Post
It would be pretty easy to take 3.5 XPH psionics, put them on the unified BMB system, and convert spell slots into power points while keeping readying the same as for all other casters. Wizard / Psion multiclassing looks pretty attractive...

On a related note, any thoughts on how to convert True Sorcery's spellcaster class to Trailblazer? It's a bit odd... spells are learned as feats, spells are cast with spellcraft checks, and casting deals subdual damage rather than burning slots. I honestly have no idea how to convert it to the unified BMB system (but would really like to, for multiclassing purposes).

ValhallaGH

Explorer
On a related note, any thoughts on how to convert True Sorcery's spellcaster class to Trailblazer? It's a bit odd... spells are learned as feats, spells are cast with spellcraft checks, and casting deals subdual damage rather than burning slots. I honestly have no idea how to convert it to the unified BMB system (but would really like to, for multiclassing purposes).
Use BMB checks instead of Spellcraft! 1d20 + BMB + Key ability + Class Features + Misc. vs. DC.

(I have balance issues with that system, largely due to the ability to cast a spell that makes the caster insanely better at casting spells. A 10th level Spellcaster Spellcraft bonus is 24 + Ability + Misc; granting a +8 to Spellcraft for a minute is a DC 43 spell, and getting a +15 on the check is trivial.)

dark_mage

First Post
Perhaps I read it wrong, but would a cleric 10/wizard 10 be able to cast 9th level spells of both classes?

Also: The cleric ends up having 4 domain spells from spell levels 1 to 5, yet he only gets access to 3 domains. How does this work?

Last edited:

GlassJaw

Hero
So, essentially, the mystic theurge PrC becomes obsolete, right?

Pretty much. A lot of the PrCs (Mystic Theurge, Eldritch Knight, etc) were solely meant to "patch" the problems with multiclassed spellcasters. The base magic bonus lets you accomplish the same thing without the need for a prestige class.

Remove ads