Trailblazer Teasers (collected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'm surprised at how briskly Trailblazer is selling. I thought more people would take advantage of the free offer.

If this keeps up, I might even start to believe I can break even on this thing.

TheGrandNuge

Explorer
Wulf:

Wulf:
Got no email for my free pdf copy. Sent you a private message via this message board with my name and email address. emailing still says disabled by the moderator.

I signed up at RPGNow the day I downloaded it. I did not choose to specifically hide or enable viewing of my email and had no idea from what I filled out to create my account that the option even existed.

You should be able to build this archetype yourself after reading Chapter 1 (Class Rebalance).

Oh trust me, I already have, although I built the class based on the previews given, so I made need to go back through it and reevaluate what I've given it. I'm also planning on trying my hand at converting the Warden from 4e.

I only asked because I really like what you did to classes and I'd love to see what you'd do with a class you've built from the ground up.

That said, we did do a few things to improve ranged characters. We expanded the list of ranger bonus feats and gave him a few more. We also removed the AC bonus an enemy would get if it's an ally granting him that cover. That plus firing into melee would have been a cumulative -8 penalty.

I certainly did notice that change, and I like that there is now a way to completely negate the penalty. The feat is also an easy houserule to get rid of, or allow archers to take it without needing PBS first.

The new combat maneuver system, coupled with action points, makes them pretty powerful. Again, instead of making a lot of direct changes to the system, we improved them in other places: the monk and rogue have access to some Improved bonus feats, the monk's gets a bonus to his attack rolls, and the fighter's Expert Weapon Proficiency allows his to perform maneuvers with different weapons.

I understand the point, and again its a pretty easy houserule in the end. As far as the changes that you have put in, like everything else, I really, really like it.

Play around with some multiclass combinations - I think you'll be surprised at what you can create. Combos with paladin, ranger, sorc, wizard, and bard (including pal/bard, which is now possible), yield some interesting results. Even a fighter with a few caster levels and the Swift Spell feat is certainly viable.

This. This right here is one of the things I love most about unified spell progression. The fact that I can go ahead and multiclass a fighter and wizard and not have too much to worry about is just great.

One of the reasons I asked about a warrior mage class is that I'm also a fan on single classing a character, and in general I've found that until the character has gotten a few levels under their belt, multiclassing is a bit of a kludge to getting the right feel for a warrior mage. The other reason is that I've become somewhat enamored with the "half-caster" classes and want to explore what you can do with a half BMB class.

I'm also happy to hear that higher level feats are in planning.

Thanks again for what all of you have done with TB, as others have said, this saved 3.5 for me.

Forgefly

First Post
I'm surprised at how briskly Trailblazer is selling. I thought more people would take advantage of the free offer.

If this keeps up, I might even start to believe I can break even on this thing.

I have purchased 5 copies so far (Well subsidized insomuch that I paid them 5 bucks to buy it so that the gaming groups I play in would adopt). Quite frankly it is a steal at $5 I would have paid 5 bucks just for the spine. I have had to hold back the mad cackling as I ascend (or descend) to new highs of DM evil all on the basis of those couple of tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads