Trailer Eternals Movie

Undrave

Legend
I suspect they are (perhaps wisely) veering away from "attractive people = good, ugly people = violent and evil" trope found in the original source material.
They've been doing that in the comics as well for a while, from what I understand. They could always be pulling another Skrull and have the notions that the Deviants are evil and need to be exterminated be something the Eternals were lied about.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They've been doing that in the comics as well for a while, from what I understand. They could always be pulling another Skrull and have the notions that the Deviants are evil and need to be exterminated be something the Eternals were lied about.

We still have Secret Invasion coming - don't rule out invading Skrulls yet.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Of course, the deviants in that trailer do look ugly, but that’s just because the cgi looks unfinished (to me). The celestials look great, though!
Yeah thats what I was thinking, comic book Kro is certainly more appealing than the movie version. But then he’s also more humanish so perhaps giving them a non-human aesthetic was the intention

86C8CB94-7C37-44DC-8DF5-1880B1581538.gif

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
We still have Secret Invasion coming - don't rule out invading Skrulls yet.

I still don't know how Secret Invasion is going to work in the MCU... they've already set the Skrulls up as a species on the verge of extinction due to the Kree. They're supposed to be sympathetic, and have largely worked with the good guys so far.

No idea how they can spin the Skrulls back into being the shapeshifting villains they are in the comics... and I hope they don't, that seems like a big 180.

Rune

Once A Fool
I still don't know how Secret Invasion is going to work in the MCU... they've already set the Skrulls up as a species on the verge of extinction due to the Kree. They're supposed to be sympathetic, and have largely worked with the good guys so far.

No idea how they can spin the Skrulls back into being the shapeshifting villains they are in the comics... and I hope they don't, that seems like a big 180.
Maybe exposing a single Skrull extremest gives the Kree an excuse/opportunity to paint all of the Skrulls as a hidden threat to Earth’s populace. Most of whom don’t know about Skrulls and certainly don’t know they were/are working with the “good guys.”

Maybe The Daily Bugle can play a part.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Have you never heard of playing the long con?

Sure, the Skrulls work alongside humans while they are desperate. But more and more of them are coming every day. Get some powerful people used to having Skrulls impersonate them when it is convenient, like Fury in Spider-Man, eventually, there's enough of them around, and... "Surely, Director Fury, you didn't expect that we'd be happy living on the outskirts, having no power on our new home planet? You are all desperately inept at controlling yourselves, so... we'll do it for you...."

Rune

Once A Fool
Have you never heard of playing the long con?

Sure, the Skrulls work alongside humans while they are desperate. But more and more of them are coming every day. Get some powerful people used to having Skrulls impersonate them when it is convenient, like Fury in Spider-Man, eventually, there's enough of them around, and... "Surely, Director Fury, you didn't expect that we'd be happy living on the outskirts, having no power on our new home planet? You are all desperately inept at controlling yourselves, so... we'll do it for you...."
Sure, that could work. But it sure wouldn’t feel satisfying to anyone who invested emotionally into the “good guy” skrulls we got in Captain Marvel. It’d be like killing Newt and Hicks off-screen before the start of Aliens 3. A reversal for plot (and/or practical) reasons with no respect for previous character development.

But maybe they’re counting on a different audience for Secret Wars than enjoyed Captain Marvel? (I’ve heard there are some people who did.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But maybe they’re counting on a different audience for Secret Wars than enjoyed Captain Marvel? (I’ve heard there are some people who did.)

Oh, that's not really so hard. "I, Talos, have always been your friend, Director Fury! But some among my people, after so many years of loss and conflict, have become more... extreme..." You keep the individuals we have seen as sympathetic, and make some others the enemy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases