Trailer Eternals Movie

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Plus, they kind of already played around with that in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Not the infiltration part, but the rest.

Yeah it did... that show was kind of a mess in messaging too. The only moral I really got out of it was, "The government should listen to people more!"

Which I mean, sure. But it's a pretty boring non-controversial message.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah it did... that show was kind of a mess in messaging too. The only moral I really got out of it was, "The government should listen to people more!"

Which I mean, sure. But it's a pretty boring non-controversial message.
Dont forget ‘just because the villains deliver medicines to refugees doesnt mean they wont blow stuff up’

This looks great.
I've liked when Marvel have tried new things in the past and this feels like the biggest risk they've taken so far. I only really started watching Marvel movies from around the first Guardians of the Galaxy which got me hooked. Maybe this is why I don't have superhero fatigue. If anything I'm more excited for what's to come, the TV shows and movies like this, Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, and Thor : Love and Thunder.

The only frustrating thing is all the movies that got pushed back when Australia was pretty much Covid free, but now that the rest of the world is opening up and big movies are being released again we're going into lockdown again.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Stuff from the trailer, not all kinds of stuff not in the trailer?

Right so... really short discussion, then, as the trailer's less than three minutes long, and doesn't really contain much information. Thanos is the only character named, no personalities developed, no plot events are clearly given, and no clear relationships established other than "Eternals fight Deviants". One guy flies and has laser eyes, and one person can turn massive objects into... rose petals?

So, either way... you're kind of stuck, right? Either the thread doesn't discuss things outside the trailer, and so isn't much of a discussion, or you avoid it, and it isn't much of a discussion for you.

Oh, that's not really so hard. "I, Talos, have always been your friend, Director Fury! But some among my people, after so many years of loss and conflict, have become more... extreme..." You keep the individuals we have seen as sympathetic, and make some others the enemy.
The major plot for almost every sci-fi war series that goes more than a few books.

Not that I mind it, just noting that it is a common trope.

I think on the balance between Covid rates and seeing movies earlier, you guys come out on top there.

Very true, it’s a trivial concern, and for what it’s worth half the cinemas are still open here despite things getting out of control. Even being vaccinated myself I personally can’t justify going.

I think Dune will test me more than the Eternals when the time comes.

I noticed superhero fatigue starting to set in with Captain Marvel even if I thought it was a good movie. The Eternals is the first Marvel movie I have absolutely zero interest in seeing.

I love the MCU and all the movies in it so far, and yet, I have not seen a single one of them in the theater. Watching them on DVD/Blu-ray, or on Disney+ now, helps avoid burnout, I think, as that intensity of having to see them as soon as they come out is not there.

Remove ads