Trailer Eternals Movie

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Saw it and liked it, the mythology was fun (battle of Gilgamesh and Enkidu and Peter Pan reference made me grin) and would have been fun to see more adventures in history - but alas time constraints.

I really liked that it didnt feel like an Avengers movie and the story brought that soap opera sensibility and actual deaths.. Changing the origin of the Eternals and Deviants was an unexpected but imho great change that adds to the tragic nature of the group.

There were too many characters to really get attached though, and would have loved to have seen more of Kro (the deviant leader) and an insight into his psychology. He came across as similar to Ultron but ultimately with less screentime

I noticed the film was playing yesterday (the day before the release date) so I went and watched it last night. Really enjoyed the mythology and metaphysics of it.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Saw it last night, and enjoyed it.

As others have noted, this wasn't so much a "superhero" movie as it was an epic drama, whose characters just happened to have superpowers.

I was okay with changes to the Eternals origins, but... the "Celestials take energy from planets to make stars" or that Celestials are responsible for star formation in general is COMPLETE BUNK AND NONSENSE, EVEN FOR A SUPERHERO MOVIE!!!!ONE!

There, now that I got that off my chest, I feel better

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Saw it last night, and enjoyed it.

As others have noted, this wasn't so much a "superhero" movie as it was an epic drama, whose characters just happened to have superpowers.

I was okay with changes to the Eternals origins, but... the "Celestials take energy from planets to make stars" or that Celestials are responsible for star formation in general is COMPLETE BUNK AND NONSENSE, EVEN FOR A SUPERHERO MOVIE!!!!ONE!

There, now that I got that off my chest, I feel better
I like that they essentially established that the Celestial are liars, so nothing they claimed should be taken as ‘gospel’ (ahem)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I like that they essentially established that the Celestial are liars, so nothing they claimed should be taken as ‘gospel’ (ahem)

Arishem only spoke directly to Ajak and Sersi - and it told both of them the truth about their mission.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Arishem only spoke directly to Ajak and Sersi - and it told both of them the truth about their mission.
Possibly, but the whole introduction creates conflicts in the claim that Celestials predate the Big Bang and the Six Singularities (Infinity Stones).

We also know from Ego that Celestials arent trustworthy

Remove ads