[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Dioltach

Legend
A part of me is hoping they make an "end credit scene" for the first time in Star Wars history, and have a younger (post ROJ) Luke Skywalker wake up from a nightmare. A second figure comes to console Luke, saying if was only a nightmare. To which Luke replies, "Thanks, Mara Jade. I am glad it never happened."

Change that to Darth Vader and the Emperor, then you have an ending!

Zardnaar

Legend
Watched it a few more times, incredible visuals quite liked the music as well.

There's a lot of throwbacks. Y wings, XWings, Tantive IV, classic Star destroyers by itself the trailer is good.

But....

Questions. Some amount of time has passed but the resistance was down a single ship. It's hinted there's more out there but it's mighty convenient if they can whistle up a new fleet while Palpatine has done the same thing.

Makes the previous two movies semi pointless.

Have they sidelined the 1st Order or is it really the Empire?

Visuals of planets looked great but we've seen desert, forest, ice world's before.

Submersible Star Destroyers are a bit silly. And they have superlasers. The Resurgence class is supposed to have a ridiculous amount of firepower have they obsoleted them.

Threepios line fall flat since they didn't develop him much in the previous two. In the originals Luke and artoo were his friends.

They're pushing classic looking ships and world's but idk how they will tie all this together. Is there a good way to wrap up the first order that's not rushed or invalidates previous movies and new canon.

Why smash the heroes flat if you just reverse course. Sure the rebels got smacked down in ESB but they evacuated band massed the fleet at the end if the movie.

Breaking out old equipment makes sense but that was a large fleet.

So yeah it's all gonna be in the execution. Visuals are great, Rey's force jump I liked it was restrained makes sense now she's had training. Rey and Kylo looked good on the Deathstar wreckage. Ice ocean planet looks good, submersible ISD was a bit silly.

Massive fleets a bit over the top but execution could work otherwise it might be rushed a'la GoT. If everyone can pull that stuff out as needed it may come across as a bit stupid.

Space horses might be over the top as well but depends if it's in space or on a dock or ground.

Looks great but how it fits together and over the top are the big concerns. By over the top I mean bigger and moar compared to the originals eg Star Killer Base. Will they Michael Bey it? How coherent will it be or will it be 3 films with the same characters.

R_J_K75

Legend
A part of me is hoping they make an "end credit scene" for the first time in Star Wars history, and have a younger (post ROJ) Luke Skywalker wake up from a nightmare. A second figure comes to console Luke, saying if was only a nightmare. To which Luke replies, "Thanks, Mara Jade. I am glad it never happened."
[/QUOTE

Replace Luke Skywalker with Bob Newhart as Dick Lowden and now were talking.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
After this one, I hope we finally get new stories.....and go away from the past. There is an entire galaxy of people......IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
My biggest disappointment is that Palpatine is in it. I hope that they make it work.

That trailer gives me hope... but then so many trailers do...
I have mixed feelings about it. Back when I watched the Clone Wars episode in which it was revealed that Darth Maul didn’t die, I realized that Palpatine probably hadn’t either and that the only reason to do a sequel to the original trilogy was if he came back. Otherwise, how is it a continuation of the same story? Probably why the first two movies (Episodes 7 and 8) have seemed to be pointlessly flailing around.

Remove ads