Pathfinder 2E TRAILseeker Winding Down

TRAILseeker, the Pathfinder Patreon, is coming to an end. It will be closing down this summer.

TRAILseeker, the Pathfinder Patreon, is coming to an end. It will be closing down this summer.

5EE44371-4890-4135-AC31-37BEF0423995.png

We just announced this over on Patreon:

Hi folks! I'm afraid we have some bad news.

TRAILseeker has had a great run for nearly four years, producing articles and adventures for Pathfinder 1E and then 2E.

Unfortunately, it has never gained real traction, and every month costs us more than we make from it. We kept it going for as long as we could (subsidized by our other publications), but the shortfall is mounting up to the point where we can't afford to continue it.

We're so sorry. We love producing this little magazine. We wish it weren't so.

We have a couple of months' worth of articles left to publish, which we will continue to do, but after that you can expect to see the magazine wind down this summer.

Thank you all so much for your support, whether you are a patron, a writer, a layout designer, an editor, or an artist. It took a small village of people to produce this publication, with wonderful freelancers from around the world.

- Morrus & the EN Publishing team

---

I want to clarify that Pathfinder 2E has nothing to do with this decision. The Patreon has been running for a few years, and 2E didn't cause any noticeable change (up or down) in patrons.

dave2008

Legend
Sorry to hear it, but completely understandable. For some reason PF just doesn't seem to have as much traction on this site.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I guess PF2 didn't create the new edition "spike" that happened for a lot of 3PPs when PF1 came out. I know there are a handful of companies creating PF2 PDFs, but has any 3PP created any physical PF2 products yet?

imagineGod

Legend
I guess PF2 didn't create the new edition "spike" that happened for a lot of 3PPs when PF1 came out. I know there are a handful of companies creating PF2 PDFs, but has any 3PP created any physical PF2 products yet?
Does Pathfinder 2 have a similar licensing model to the first Pathfinder or even Starfinder?
If not, maybe that did not attract Third Party Publishers. I have seen lots of "Starfinder compatible" but yet to find any "Pathfinder 2 compatible" content.

Sad news, but I'm under the impression that PF2 is gaining more traction, albeit slowly. I believe Morrus and the team won't have a hard time bringing back Trailseeker once it proves to be financially viable.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sad news, but I'm under the impression that PF2 is gaining more traction, albeit slowly. I believe Morrus and the team won't have a hard time bringing back Trailseeker once it proves to be financially viable.
As I mentioned, it has nothing to do with the new edition. It's been the same for about four years.

Remove ads

Remove ads