D&D 5E Transformers: Is This The Next Setting After Ravnica?

A cybertronian PC race is possible, something like the warforged from Eberron, but they are more for a d20 Future setting, and a new version of d20 Modern would need a lot of playtesting about balance of power because a monster may be a nightmare for unnarmed PCs in a survival horror but cannon fodder in a military campaign where the PCs are soldiers with expensive weapons and vehicles.

A arcanepunk version of Cybertronian are possible in D&D like a easter egg or a official April's Fool, and we could also see a future fantasy centaured version of the characters of "My Little Pony".

In the past I told in April 1st there were a crossover among Transformers and Kaladesh (an arcanepunk world from Magic: the Gathering).

* Cybertronians need energy (only energon?), but if my memory doesn't fail, the maximals and predacons from "Beast Wars" could eat normal food as fruit or meat.

ChameleonX

Explorer
A cybertronian PC race is possible, something like the warforged from Eberron, but they are more for a d20 Future setting, and a new version of d20 Modern would need a lot of playtesting about balance of power because a monster may be a nightmare for unnarmed PCs in a survival horror but cannon fodder in a military campaign where the PCs are soldiers with expensive weapons and vehicles.

A arcanepunk version of Cybertronian are possible in D&D like a easter egg or a official April's Fool, and we could also see a future fantasy centaured version of the characters of "My Little Pony".

In the past I told in April 1st there were a crossover among Transformers and Kaladesh (an arcanepunk world from Magic: the Gathering).

* Cybertronians need energy (only energon?), but if my memory doesn't fail, the maximals and predacons from "Beast Wars" could eat normal food as fruit or meat.

Well, since you mention Beast Wars, you could always justify it with time travel. Like, Transformers are super-advanced warforged from the future that came back in time to stop some ancient evil (Unicron?).

As a racial feature, you could give them a limited version of Wild Shape that only lets them transform into a specific creature that they have to choose at the start of the campaign. (Which kind of makes me wonder, what were the maximals and predicons named BEFORE they chose an animal form?)

GreyLord

Legend
This may be humor and tongue in cheek, but I think it actually might be very cool to play!

PS: That means, yes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Remove ads