• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=tactics]Initiative 20, but I want to talk tactics first.

Dang, how do you guys want to run this? I think it makes more sense to focus on clearing the south path, with Raiko or Patrin ready to catch the guard when he comes down. Delightfully, the two of us with the best Arcana (Haruka and Ashir) also can teleport, so once Lana drops and Gelname gets engaged in melee we can hop up there and start prepping the ritual.

This is all assuming Mal won't let us use those passages to the north. I'm not sure I want to risk those doors being locked, anyway.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 4
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 18
| Ref: 18 | Will: 17
HP: 45/46 | Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 7/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +4 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Init 18
Well neither Raiko nor Patrin has reach, nor decent ranged attacks.

Maybe Raiko should move up the north stair drawing as much attention as possible. That might help you clear a path to the South.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +1; P.Insight: 20; P.Perception: 14
AC: 21; Fort: 16; Reflex: 14; Will: 15
HP: 39/41; Surges: 12 hp, 3/12
AcP: 2
AdP: 0
Potions: 2

Magic Oil: +1 to hit and dame with bastard sword attacks.

Skills: History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +9, Religion +5
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 18, Con: 15, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Patrin]
Initiative (1d20+4=16)

Patrin is also going before the bad guys and listening to strategies.

For transparency, his dailies are Villain's Menace (2W and +2 to hit, +4 damage against target until end of encounter or +1/+2 on a miss) and Defensive Stance (+2 to AC but slowed)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
init (1d20+1=20)

Well I can tell you what, Ashir is not going to like the spiny devil Oni one little bit that's for sure. Ashir is going to summon a flaming sphere so that will help control the situation as it causes 1d4+9 auto-damage for starting next to it (although that includes us too). My first plan is to put it at J14 I think to try and take down that archer first. If Raiko wants to go north that's cool, Sheng can provide covering fire? Max should go with you though so he can use his cool warlord attacks. Ashir will IC ask Patrin to lead the charge south. We just want to be careful not to bunch up as I'm thinking that the female is an arcanist so fireball formation is likely a poor choice ;). Perhaps Patrin can try and lock down Gelname (villian's menace on him?)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: initiative roll: 16 Max will follow the two brutes Raiko and/or Patrin. Anyone is welcome to use the extra 3 square movement on their turn. Max will wait until others move before making a movement of his own.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
But he can easily just jump down the side, it's only 10' and an easy Athletics DC for a warrior likely. [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko rushes forward, his feet seeming to move faster with an encouraging word from Max. As he rushes up the stairs he shouts out a challenge.

"Dealers of sulfur! You shall not leave this room alive!"

He strikes out at the first guard just barely landing a hit but cutting him deeply. He could hear Max's words in the back of his skull and it urged him on to greater glory. Putting himself in danger he risked another blow, spilling his opponents blood on the floor and taking him by surprise. It gave him the opportunity for one more and the guards head flew to chairs below.

[sblock=ooc]
Raiko will use Max's movement to get to C5.
This allows him to use his own move to get to C8, which he does.
Minor to use Divine Challenge on the Spiny Devil.
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Elite Guard. 15 vs Reflex, hits. 23 damage and the Elite Guard is also marked.
Action Point using Bravura Pressence: Holy Strike vs Elite Guard. Crit, 18 damage.
Bravura Presence Basic Attack: 26 vs AC, 10 damage.
51 damage total. He's dead.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +1; P.Insight: 20; P.Perception: 14
AC: 21; Fort: 16; Reflex: 14; Will: 15
HP: 39/41; Surges: 12 hp, 3/12
AcP: 1
AdP: 0
Potions: 2

Magic Oil: +1 to hit and dame with bastard sword attacks.

Skills: History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +9, Religion +5
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 18, Con: 15, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Remove ads