Traveller. What do you think?

aramis erak

Legend
Hard SF is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of the things on your list look to me like they would be possible without breaking our current understanding of science.

Which say more about you (and a lack in your science reading/education) than the game.

Uplifts are plausible.
Cryogenics is plausible, but not as routine passenger traffic given the death rates.
Fusion is definitely not easy.

The only psionic effect detectable by science is a tiny (≤10 points in 0-2000) on computerized random number generators.

And Hard SF actually has a SFWA meaning - no more than three breaks from the plausible.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Which say more about you (and a lack in your science reading/education) than the game.

Uplifts are plausible.
Cryogenics is plausible, but not as routine passenger traffic given the death rates.
Fusion is definitely not easy.

The only psionic effect detectable by science is a tiny (≤10 points in 0-2000) on computerized random number generators.

And Hard SF actually has a SFWA meaning - no more than three breaks from the plausible.

Baloney. I have a sold science & tech background - three engineering degrees, research, and professional experience . The only major points I see that are flat out impossible by current science are psionics and jump drive. The ones about planet age and size may be incorrect, but they're pretty trivial.

Last edited:

Remove ads