• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trigun coming to Cartoon Network

Chun-tzu

First Post
Lupin the Third, Reign and Trigun to Join Cartoon Network's Late Night Animation Block for Adults in 2003

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=000298

Cartoon Network today announced the acquisition of three animé series that will air during Adult Swim, its highly-rated late night block of animation for adults 18-34. The three series are Lupin the Third, Reign and Trigun. Lupin the Third follows the adventures of the greatest thief in the world. Lupin is a globetrotting crook, as well as a suave gentleman. Aided by two partners, expert marksman Jigen and samurai master Goemon, Lupin's mad-capped adventures take him around the world stealing extraordinary treasures, helping damsels in distress, staying one step ahead of Inspector Zenigata and matching wits with rival thief, beautiful and dangerous Fujiko.

Trigun takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless he has a $60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns evacuate at the rumor of his arrival. But the real Vash the Stampede, the enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun, is more heroic, even though he usually acts like a complete idiot.

Alexander the Great was the world's most powerful warrior. Reign is a 21st century science-fiction retelling of the legend of this Macedonian king. A visual masterpiece, Reign tells the story of Alexander's's triumphs through engaging characters, intricate plots and glorious battle sequences.

Cartoon Network's successful block of late night animation for adults, Adult Swim, will air five times per week beginning Sunday, January 12, 2003. Airing from 11 p.m.-2 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, the block will offer the hit series FUTURAMA, quirky original animated series including Home Movies, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, and stunning action/animé series such as Cowboy Bebop and InuYasha.

Lupin the Third will air Monday-Thursday at 12 midnight (ET, PT), beginning Monday, January 13. Programming information for both Reign and Trigun will be announced at a later date.

Cartoon Network, currently seen in 82.1 million U.S. homes and 145 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment. Drawing from the world's largest cartoon library, Cartoon Network also showcases unique original ventures such as The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd n Eddy and other Cartoon Cartoons. Since its launch in 1992, Cartoon Network has remained one of ad-supported cable's highest-rated networks. Cartoon Network's Web site is located at
CartoonNetwork.com (AOL Keyword: Cartoon Network

Scorch

Explorer
I am really stoked about all the great programming coming to the Cartoon Network. It has been just getting better and better for us anime fans.

Now if only more of the pay cable channels picked up some of the stuff that was harder to edit for broadcast TV (such as what Showtime is doing for Fist of the North Star, Diry Pair, etc.) it would be even better.

Scorch

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I am curious how this will affect Toonami. I mean it's thanks to them that such shows got started. I hate to see such an awesome show go by the wayside.

jdavis

First Post
Toonami will be fine up until they run out of DragonBall (Dragon Ball GT should take them through next year.)

I'm glad that they figured out that there was good adult entertainment in Anime, Adult Swim is great (Oh and I like Sea Lab 2020 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force too.) At one time Sci Fi looked like they were going to start showing Anime but they fizzled out.

Nightfall

jdavis said:
Toonami will be fine up until they run out of DragonBall (Dragon Ball GT should take them through next year.)

Well there's still a bit of DBZ left since they only started but didn't finish the Kid Buu saga. I'm just wondering what else they can put out for people to enjoy...?

Methinkus

First Post
I wonder if Alexander the Great will have the same lovers as he did in real life...

Heh, interesting thought. . . . . Anyway, i think i may actually now need to get cable for my apartment, Reign sounds too freaking good to miss out on! (how did i not know this program existed until now?) and Trigun is one of my old favorites.

So yeah, this is going to cost me money. . . . . :D

Chun-tzu

First Post
Methinkus said:
Anyway, i think i may actually now need to get cable for my apartment . . . :D

Warning: Once you get hooked on Cartoon Network, there's just no going back. Take it from a self-confessed addict!

Nightfall

Same here. There a number GOOD cartoons on there, from old school to brand new (such as Samuri Jack. GREAT cartoon. :) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads