• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TROLL POLL #1: d20 Golden Era or Glut?

Got d20?

• Stop the insanity! So many books it makes my head hurt. Och!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Feats and classes and items, oh my! Customization is reaching critical, Mr. Scarecrow!

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Lots of stuff out there, most of it awful.

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Lots of stuff out there, most of it not so good

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Lots of stuff out there, most of it OK

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • I'm in a happy spot. I pick and choose like a kid in a candy shop.

Votes: 55 33.5%
  • So many ways to create unqiue characters, I am in heaven...

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Lots of stuff out there, most of it pretty good.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Love it all. Keep it comin' baby! Can't enough of this funky stuff.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • d20? What's that?

Votes: 3 1.8%

TrubbulTheTroll

First Post
d20! Is it too much? Too little? Just right?

Can't get enough? Or you tired of sorting through shelves stuffed with rules? Or are you happy with all the choices?

Wish you had more money to spend on d20? Or did you spend it all and now you're sorry you did?

Take the poll and then spin your position...

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Back on topic, I've got a few bookshelves (shelfs, not cases) of D20 stuff, and I think that for the most part, there's some really good stuff coming out. The problem is that the sub-par stuff (and I'm not mentioning anyone by name, mainly because even the sub-par companies seem to be improving) is really sub-par.

If you like lengthy adventures, Necromancer is for you. FFG has some good stuff. Can't say enough about Bastion Press, so I won't even try, Green Ronin has good ideas and pulls some excellent talent from the pool of freelancers to develop them, and Mongoose is putting out some good stuff these days too. The important thing to remember is that most of the books being released are things that WotC won't do because they're too niche.

While my answer on the pole is just slightly above average, I think that D20 is a good thing and I value most of the books in my collection for one reason or another.

Remove ads