Trouble in Archendale

Nightcloak

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Problem: the party is 7-8th level. I suggested only one enemy lich for the reason that in order to acheive lichdom, you need to have an CL of 13 or higher.

Doh!

I tend to forget CR limits at times. :heh:

When I develope a concept I tend to run with it and find a way to make it work. In this case I would just take the skeleton and add 5 levels of cleric with some help from the trusty Moster's Handbook.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Or you could use the classic fix i turn too always. Make the lich template into something more suited to your needs, make it enterable at 5th level and weaken it a bit to lower the la

You would be set, but another trick would be mummy lords, every1 is 4getting about mummy lords, just make um a lil weaker as well, or just advance a standard mummy, at least I think so, don't have my MM with me so I cant check CR's right now lol

^^

-GrinReaper

Rapida

First Post
Well its a tale of sadness and woe, really the PCs screwed up. Its been a while so I can't remember all the details but here is how it basically happened.

The pcs were in archendale and were investigating the massive amount of undead that were occuring. They wandered the woods looking for its source, soon they found a pet cemetary, nothing to strange all the graves were undisturbed. Then farther on they found an old wooden hut, they went inside and no one was home. They searched the interior and found a tunnel leading into a root cellar, inside were pets cut open and dissected etc. I let them investigate awhile before the homeowner came home. They hid from the ghost of the druid that use to live in the hut long ago. She kept preserving the pets getting them ready for burial. The PCs finally spoke to her and she told them she use to care for the cemetary. But now she was trapped in undeath unable to continue on to the next world. One of my pcs was touched by this and vowed to help her be free of this world. So they ask around and find out that she died defending a young child from a hydra and to release the druid they must find her remains and bury them. This is where it goes horribly wrong.
They go to the swamp where she died and soon they are ambushed by a hydra (after 3 failed knowledge arcanas to realize it wasn't an alligator) they were swiftly defeated by the 12 (i think) headed hydra and ran away. Then Arda scried on them and sent the majority of her undead army after them. After running for as long as possible they decided to rope trick and throw in a bag of holding....which means a planar rift.....wonderful i thought. Anyway They did that, 1 of the pcs got split up from the rest and was thrown into the elemental plane of fire. The other 2 went to a celestial plane, there they were tasked with hunting down a bebelith. If they could do that then they could use the portal. They found the bebelith, it killed the mage and almost got the fighter. Now we are down to the fighter character only. They get the mage ressurected and the fighter and mage go back to archendale....3 weeks later.
Arda is now in control of the town and has fiendish allies from the planar rift. So they meet with the chameleon (a pc), and head for the location of the negative energy control thingie. They are a wizard, a half dragon fighter, and a chameleon. The finally find the dungeon where the energy controller is. Its in an old desacrated temple of correlen. Inside they meet a chaos beast, it hits the fighter he rolls a one on his fortitude for keeping his own form. He would have made it on a 2. Anyway so he knows he is doomed. He strips to nothing but his clothes and claws and charges through the remaining doors to finally find the energy controller and he destroys it with his bare claws. He dies from the explosion. The wizard and chameleon head back to town. That adventure is over and the half dragon brings in a new pc and the chameleon swaps to a cleric. Then we retire those characters..... because I was sick of the stupidity caused by there next adventure..

Remove ads