[True Story] And darn scary

Balgus

First Post
Sunday night, I was walking past my mother's dark, unlighted room when something caught my eye. She has a hammock in the far corner, and I swear I saw a pair of legs dangling from it. It was dark, so I paused to take another look, but saw nothing. I shrugged it off as my brain playing tricks on me.

The next day, I was cleaning out my car when I realized that I had locked my keys in it. I panicked (My spare is in San Jose, home in LA visiting my folks). After anout ten minutes of running about thinking of breaking the glass, I gave up hope and rested my arms on the hood of the car. Then I pounded my head on my forearm and suddenly heard a *klunk*. The door unlocked itself.

Now, I didn't think anything of it, except that my car loves me. I spoke with my GF that night and she was pretty spooked at the combination ghost sighting and ghost helping scenario. That spooked me. Now I am scared it is following me...

Thoughts? fell free to share any encounters you have had... :)

PowerWordDumb

First Post
Balgus said:
After anout ten minutes of running about thinking of breaking the glass,

First thought that jumps to mind is you're crazy to even consider breaking the window and paying the resultant repair costs when any tow-truck company can open your door for you in minutes for a maximum of about $30. :)

As to the haunted hammock - I'll take a ghost any day over some smelly bum having broken into the house and settled in, as happened at one of my friends houses back in university.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Got a door on one of our cars that cannot be locked from the outside anymore because one of those tow truck guys did a lousy job opening it. Probably not a common problem, but something to watch out for.

Even still the cost to fix that is about the cost of fixing a broken window I suppose - so it's worth the gamble.

Zogg

First Post
I've locked my keys in my car more times than I care to count, and while I've always known that breaking the window is more costly and inconvenient (I have never done it), the idea of doing it is SO much more gratifying. It's one easy way to obtain what you want AND release all the pent-up anger you have for doing something so stupid.

TalonComics

First Post
I learned a long time ago to carry an extra key on me just in case as I've locked my keys in the car plenty of times. Ever since I started carrying a spare it's been no longer a problem and it's much more reliable than ghosts.

~D

Tewligan

First Post
I also carry an extra car key, but I keep it on the same keychain as the other key, thus making it totally useless if I should lock my keys in my car. Damn, I'm stupid.

Estlor

Explorer
The dinger on my car that tells me when I've left my keys in the ignition only works intermittantly. Because of this, there have been many times I've locked my keys in the car while they were still in the ignition.

I carry a trunk key around with me now and I have a door key hidden in the trunk. It's saved me a lot of grief probably a good fifty times already.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm a lucky duck because my car has a keypad on the driver's side door. So I can punch in my combo and just get in. I've actually purposefully locked my keys in my car to avoid carrying them places where I might lose them (such as when I went on a week-long canoeing trip to the Boundary Waters).

The only bad thing is the code can't be changed, but I haven't told a soul the combo. Wild horses couldn't drag it from me! ;)

kenjib

First Post
If your car is prone toward breaking down, or you are prone toward leaving your lights on, keys locked in the car, etc. you might want to consider a AAA membership for peace of mind. :)

BSF

Explorer
*laugh*

Most everyone is avoiding the discussion on the mysterious legs and the magically unlocking door. I can't say that I blame them. It is a touchy subject loaded with personal beliefs.

The possible legs in the hammock could probably be attributed to any number of things. If it bothers you, check into it a little more.

The coincidence of your car unlocking is weird.

I can't say that I have had a similar experience, so I can't console you one way or the other.

There could be a hundred physically explainable reasons that your car door unlocked. And, your brain can really play tricks on you. Is it a ghost? I don't know. But, I do agree that I will take a ghost over a transient any day!

Remove ads