• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(True Story) I found a copy of "The Temple of Elemental Evil" -- in the trash!

Zzyzx

First Post
I work at a big office, lots of people, lots of paper. I went to the big recycling bins where we put white paper, and there on the top was a hex wilderness map. "Well", I thought, "I haven't seen one of those in a while". I picked it up. Under it was a big stack of copies, and on the top I read "The Temple of Elemental Evil" and saw the AD&D logo. As far as I can tell, someone on my floor just copied off the two hundred-odd pages of TOEE, and then dumped it in the recycling bin. There it was, cover to cover, with Gygax's name on it.

I took it home, of course. (I have Return to TOEE, but not the original).

Now I have to find out, who ELSE is a gamer at my work? Maybe I'll have to put my giant d20 in a more conspicuous place.

Henry

Autoexreginated
diaglo said:
yeah, T1-4 belongs in the trash/recycle bin.

MADNESS! MADNESS, I say! ;)

T1-T4 was one of the thrills of my childhood. Moathouse, lab room with the zombies, the elemental nodes, the whole works!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Henry said:
MADNESS! MADNESS, I say! ;)

T1-T4 was one of the thrills of my childhood. Moathouse, lab room with the zombies, the elemental nodes, the whole works!

It was a bit of a disappointment, after the long wait for it. But it certainly wasn't trash. Truth be told, I think HackMaster's Temple of Existential Evil is better than the original.

gribble

Explorer
diaglo said:
turn them into the police too for breaking the law.

Not necessarily. If it was a legally purchased ESD (electronic) version of the adventure, then the owner would be entitled to print off a copy for his own use.
:)

diaglo

Adventurer
jodyjohnson said:
Printing out the PDF is against the law?
as both you and gribble pointed out, a pdf is legal. but it should include your proof of purchase. i'm guessing this found copy in the copy room is sans that proof.

Col H said:
It was a bit of a disappointment, after the long wait for it. Truth be told, I think HackMaster's Temple of Existential Evil is better than the original.

what he said.

Remove ads