True20 system released by itself

carpedavid said:
The reason that you'd want to wear armor is that the Toughness save no longer improves by class level. Armor, and a couple of feats, are the only way to beef that up.

I realise that. My worry was that the plusses to toughness from armor wouldn't be enough compared to getting hit constantly (i.e. defense = 0 in half plate).

After finding out that it only is max. dodge, that's affected, I can certainly see an incentive to wearing armor.

:)

GreatLemur

Explorer
Wow. Oh, wow. I've been waiting for this since before Blue Rose came out. And they're asking people to come up with settings for them, too? Sweet mother of crap, it must be Christmas.

catsclaw227

First Post
Yea... I'm pretty excited too. I am looking into using this system for my PbP or PbEM game. Simplified rules, and certainly more of a RP feel than a "game mechanic" feel that d20 3.5 rules start to feel like... (Don't get me wrong... I am a HUGE d20 3.5 fan.)

Catsclaw

Akrasia

Procrastinator
catsclaw227 said:
... I am a HUGE d20 3.5 fan...

I'm not. :cool:

True 20 fixes much of what I dislike the most about 3e (viz. the magic system and the mini-based tactical combat system). It also seems to be a lot easier to prep than 3e.

The fact that it is still broadly compatible with most 3e material is a huge bonus.

With True20 and C&C now available, I can't imagine DM'ing 3e ever again. :)

Remove ads