• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[True20] World's Largest Dungeon

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Hussar said:
As promised, here's some goodies for you:

First, some links:

Eruk's Maps for the WLD

James Lorimor's WLD page More maps tthan you could shake a stick at.

My WLD wiki page

My skeletal and somewhat crappy WLD forum page

One of the best blogs of the WLD out there - Blueblackred's

I've also attached a pdf of an index of all the creatures in the WLD.

Hope this helps.

Holy crap! Thanks, man! Would you mind if I re-post this stuff (crediting you, of course) to the thread over at True20.com, as well?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Well, we had our first session of actual play tonight -- and a third player showed up with a 1st Level Adept ready to play (for the most part). As planned, I led in with A Dark and Stormy Knight adventure from the WotC site, with a few modifications.

We ended up starting at almost 6:00 PM on the nose, and played for an hour and 45 minutes. We played through the meeting of characters (most of whom remianed suspicious of each other), and explored Areas 2, 6, and 7 of the tor's underground.

The only snag I ran into was the natural want to use attack roll results as a DC for Toughness saves, which nearly caused the death of our dwarven fellow following the encounter with the Lesser Vargouille in Area 7 (although it was the Fire Shaping power fo the adpet that nearly did him in, not the creature).

We left off with the party encamped in Area 7, which is where we'll pick up next week (and, hopefully, next week we'll have a full three hours of play).

Hussar

Legend
Jd, go for it bud. Like I said, I've been beating this beasty for a year and a half now, so I'm always looking for more resources.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Well, last week I was sick and this week I've received a load of products (i.e., game books) for review in the run-up to Christmas, so the game is officially on hold until the first Tuesday in January. Hopefully it doesn't die out in the meantime :(

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Well, it's dead (though not for the reasons I was worried about). After a week of the flu and a paycheck debacle at my part-time employer, I had to choose between preserving my game collection or eating for the rest of the month. Care to guess which won out? ;)

At any rate, I was forced to part with my copy of the WLD and my True20 books today (along with some other stuff). Gaming seems to quickly be turning into a luxury hobby that I can't afford at the time being. Ah. . . how I miss the days of $15 boxed sets :)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
snikle said:
Bummer man, thats horrible!

Ah, well -- I always have my standby systems (The Window and Risus, respectively). Which reminds me. . . I had no idea that you were one of Scott's early fans, but I came across an old Window setting with your name on it (Sylnae). Any chance that the old (Window) Sylane files are still around someplace?

I ask, 'cause I'm one of the main contributors to the Window RPG Yahoo Group and I make it a point to archive and upload all of the old Window conversions and settings that I come across (for instance, I've archived the old Mana Bros Window conversions in their original HTML format).

So, how 'bout Sylnae? :D

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
snikle said:
I wish, actually I never fully converted sylnae to Window because I could never get anyone to try it out. :(

I haven't had that problem here yet (though, admittedly, it's probably because I haven't tried to recruit for The Window here). I had this problem in Topeka, though. I could get my players to give anything a spin (including Risus). . . but not The Window. Why? Not because it wasn't mechanically sound. Not because it didn't interest them as a systsm. Because of thet !@$@#%$# intorduction. Gah. . . I lobbied to have it toned down for the 2005 revision of the rules, but no such luck. It's still there and as insulting as ever :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads