D&D General truly strange psionic races trend

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Were D&D elves an offshoot of humans? It's not been that way in any PHB I've seen.
the Tolkien perception of elves and for a purely biological one we have to be related as half-elves are a thing or elves where lesser angles as they seem to be able to breed with anything.

Faolyn

(she/her)
the Tolkien perception of elves and for a purely biological one we have to be related as half-elves are a thing or elves where lesser angles as they seem to be able to breed with anything.
In D&D, it's the humans who can breed with everything else, though. Including dragons, demons, and elementals. Biology is in the corner weeping, having long ago been kicked out of D&D's reality.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
In D&D, it's the humans who can breed with everything else, though. Including dragons, demons, and elementals. Biology is in the corner weeping, having long ago been kicked out of D&D's reality.
look I have no idea how dragons work with this as that should be ontologically illegal, I think demons work because they are spiritual beings and biology just does not exist for them, how do we know the million types of elves are not from over exposure to elemental energy as there has to be a fire elf by now, plus FR has demon elves.

Faolyn

(she/her)
look I have no idea how dragons work with this as that should be ontologically illegal, I think demons work because they are spiritual beings and biology just does not exist for them, how do we know the million types of elves are not from over exposure to elemental energy as there has to be a fire elf by now, plus FR has demon elves.
That's possible. I prefer to think that their fey nature just makes them adapt easily to the magic of their surroundings. I go so far as to say that if two wood elves had a child while in the Underdark, they'd give birth to a dark elf. Not an Always Evil elf, since I don't use that, but an elf with the appearance and abilities of a drow, because that's what the magic of the Underdark is like.

Remove ads