D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

The October 25th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

I love this one so much. I'm hoping to key it up for a Halloween game in 2021. Any chance you've got a no-grid version lying around? (I just bought it and can spend the time in photoshop to do away with the grid, but that's a lengthy process...)

Turgenev

Hero
Here is a sewer map from two years ago today (November 2, 2018 Friday Freebie map). Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The grey shading represents water. The slender channel that cuts through area 21 and a nearby corridor can be open or self-contained (it is up to the DM to decide).
  • Areas 8 b) and 17 have ladders.
  • Area 21 has a covered pit trap (which may flood with sewer water once triggered).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 11-02-2018 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The November 2, 2018 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here is a sewer map from a year ago today (November 2, 2018 Friday Freebie map).
I know I want to forget 2020; but technically that's 2 years ago 🙃

About the map specifically, I'd probably use that as the core, and then expand it to something huge; that ultimately the water flows ended in whatever body of water the effluent was deposited in (leach field, ocean, river, swamp, whatever). With good opportunities for hitting lower levels...

Turgenev

Hero
Here is an Old School Blue dungeon map I did this morning. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1272x1623
  • Several corridors have collapsed and are strewn with rubble.
  • The circular stairs in area 1 lead up.
  • Areas 1, 2, 9a, and 16 have pillars.
  • Areas 1, 9 a), 16, 18, and 21 have false doors.
  • Areas 2 and 25 b) have open pits.
  • Area 6 b) has a dais.
  • Areas 6 b) and 19 have statues.
  • Areas 7 and 12 have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 9 b) and 10 have teleporters.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the November 6th 2020 Friday Freebie map. It is a continuation of the mega-dungeon I've been recently building, but it could be used as a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Areas 2, 11, and 15 have false doors.
  • Areas 3, 5 a), and 12 have pillars.
  • Area 4 a) has a covered pit trap.
  • Areas 4 b) and 5 b) have statues.
  • Areas 4 b) and 6 have secret trap doors in the floors. The dash lines are elevation lines showing the location of the lower tunnels underneath said secret trap doors.
  • Area 5 b) has steps that lead up to a platform.
  • Area 10 has an open pit/well.
  • The row of dots at area 16 are bars/gates.
  • The grey sections of areas 19, 20 a), and 23 a) represents water.

This is how the four maps fit together to form one dungeon complex. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 11-06-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The November 6th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the November 13th 2020 Friday Freebie map. It is a continuation of the mega-dungeon, but it could be used as a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 and 14 have mirrors. I like the idea that mirrors are magical and allow travel from one another (throughout the entire dungeon).
  • Areas 1 and 5 have tapestries.
  • Areas 2 and 3 have open pits/wells.
  • Areas 3, 6, 7, 17, 18, 26, and 27 have false doors.
  • Areas 4, 18, and 25 b) have covered pit traps.
  • Area 10 has a dais (with a statue on top).
  • Areas 10, 18, and 27 have statues.
  • Areas 11, 23, and 25 a) have pillars. Area 20 has large square pillars.
  • Area 17 has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 23 and 25 c) have bars/gates.

This is how the five maps fit together to form one dungeon complex. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 11-13-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The November 13th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the November 20th 2020 Friday Freebie map. It is a continuation of the mega-dungeon, but it could be used as a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The semi-circular line with arrowhead shows a downward slope.
  • The dotted lines are elevation lines showing the lower elevation.
  • Areas 1, 9 , and 11 have statues.
  • Areas 6, 14, 16, and 17 have false doors.
  • Areas 7 and 9 have covered pit traps.
  • Area 8 has a chute trap.
  • Area 9 has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 9 and 13 have secret doors in their floors.
  • Areas 9, 14, and 17 have pillars.
  • Area 10 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 13 and 18 have (magical?) mirrors.
  • Area 16 has steps that lead up to a false door.
  • Area 26 c) is a natural cliff shelf.

This is how the six maps fit together to form one dungeon complex. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 11-20-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The November 20th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads