D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here is the January 1st, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge. Happy New Year!

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Areas 1 a), 8, 15, 20, and 25 have pillars.
  • There is a portcullis/gate that blocks access to area 1 b). Perhaps area 1 b) can extend to area 31 (via mechanical or magical means).
  • Areas 2 b) and 40 have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 2 b), 22, 31, 38, 39, and 40 have statues.
  • Areas 3, 8, 12, 14, 20, 22, 26, and 29 have false doors.
  • Areas 9, 13, and 18 have covered pit traps.
  • The floor of area 15 is crumbling into the water. There is rubble at the floor's edge.
  • Area 23 a) has a tapestry.
  • The grey sections of area 30, 38, 39, and 41 have water. Areas 38, 39, and 41 connect to area 30 via submerged passages.
  • Area 40 has an altar.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 01-01-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The January 1st, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim
Hmmm, this gives me ideas (don't they always?).

I might change it a bit it so the area inside the water ways are ONLY accessible via the submerged passages.

That said, I also like the posited idea of 1b being able to extend out and connect with 30.
No matter what, crossing that water is going to be perilous...

Such a great map!

It reminds me of a question that I’ve been meaning to ask. How do most folks use false doors? Are they usually traps or decorations? Or closets for keeping board games? Can the doors usually be opened?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Such a great map!

It reminds me of a question that I’ve been meaning to ask. How do most folks use false doors? Are they usually traps or decorations? Or closets for keeping board games? Can the doors usually be opened?
Both?

When I was a lad playing 1e, we played this raid against a giant dwarven fortress. We wanted to rest because we were getting beat up bad. I kept asking the DM where the bathrooms were. I don't think he had actually drawn any in; but he also didn't want us to rest, because it was 1e and we were teenagers and things were more... antagonistic in those days.

Anyway, while sometimes they are traps, they are also sometimes lavatories in my dungeons. Depends on whether there's a unified culture living nearby, or whether it's a ruin.

Turgenev

Hero
I tend to use many types of false doors. I like to mix them up to keep the players guessing. Some of the false doors don't open at all, some are trapped, some open but lead to a dead end (or perhaps a secret door), some open to reveal a stone arch (that acts as a gate to another false door when the correct command word is spoken), and so on.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is a new Old School Blue map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 and 13 have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 1, 27 a), and 28 b) have pillars.
  • Area 1, 4, 10, 19 a), 24, 27 b), 28 a) have statues.
  • Area 19 b) is an open pit.
  • Area 25 has tapestries.
  • Area 26 is a sinkhole with rubble at its edge.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the January 8th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 4 a), 9, 17 a), 24, 31, and 32 have pillars.
  • Areas 1, 7, 9, and 37 a) have false doors.
  • Area 4 b) has a portcullis/bars.
  • Areas 16, 19 b), 30, and 39 have statues.
  • Area 19 b) is a raised platform with a small open pit (and a statue).
  • Areas 20 and 23 are covered pit traps.
  • Area 22 is a chute trap.
  • Area 24 has a fountain/pool.
  • Areas 28 and 38 are water. Area 38 connects to area 28 via a submerged passage.
  • Area 37 a) has a tapestry
  • Area 37 b) has an elevator/lift (marked with the letter E).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 01-08-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The January 8th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is a very quick sample dungeon I created while I was working out a new grid size in Photoshop. This grid size is 70 px and my standard grid now.

70px-sample-2-b.jpg

I will have a couple more maps to post after March 16th. ;)

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the January 15th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 1 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 7 and 10 have pools/fountains.
  • Areas 9, 13, and 17 have statues.
  • Areas 13, 14, and 19 have pillars.
  • Area 14 and the connecting corridor have partially collapsed and are strewn with rubble.
  • The grey circle in area 14 is a non-natural hole in the ceiling. What made the hole I leave up to the individual DM/GMs to decide.
  • Area 16 has a ladder giving access to the lower level.
  • The circular stairs at area 17 lead downwards.
  • Area 19 has a throne on a dais.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 01-15-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The January 15th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the January 22nd, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 5 b), 5 c), and 16 have statues.
  • Areas 5 b), 5 c), and 16 have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 5 b), 13, 18, 20, and 21 a) have pillars.
  • Area 19 has two open pits/wells and a pool/fountain.
  • Area 21 b) is a false double door. The door could act as a portal to a new location (different dungeon, region, plane, etc.).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 01-22-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The January 22nd, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases