D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 19th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This dungeon can be used as a stand-alone dungeon or with the March 5th & 12th 2021 dungeon maps.
  • The grey areas on this map represent water.
  • The circle of dots at area 1 represent a hole in the ceiling.
  • Area 3 has a tapestry.
  • Area 5 b) is dry and has statues.

If you put this week's and last week's maps together, you get this (click to enlarge):

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 03-19-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The March 19th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here's something I created for my own D&D campaign. These images are based on maps that originally appeared in I.C.E.'s Thieves of Tharbad adventure module (1985). I've made various changes to them to make them my own but I still wanted to acknowledge their original inspiration/source. Click to enlarge.

Here is the direct link to the larger version (in case my images don't load): http://www.paratime.ca/images/fantasy/campaign/warehouse-tavern-b.jpg

Small Warehouse Map Details:
  • Area 1 has a small wooden ramp leading to the door.
  • Areas 2 a) and 5 a) have wooden pillars and crates.
  • Area 2 b) has a weaken stair that breaks when stepped on and it triggers the crossbow trap at area 2 c).
  • Area 3 a) has a secret trap door in the floor that grants access to a small dock with a tethered rowboat. Naturally, this could easily lead to a dungeon level if the DM so wishes.
  • Area 3 b) is a hidden vault/safe.
  • Area 5 b) is a ladder leading to a trap door in the ceiling (see area 8 ).
  • The double white rectangles on the walls represent windows.
  • Area 8 is a small shack with a trap door in the floor.
  • The white squares on the walls at area 9 represent a parapet.

Orc's Head Tavern Map Details:
  • Area 1 has various tables and chairs.
  • Area 2 and 4 have fireplaces (with area 4 being a small kitchen).
  • Area 3 is the bar.
  • Areas 14 to 16 are the high class rooms.
  • Areas 17 to 19 are the private quarters for the owner of the tavern.
  • Area 19 b) has a trap door in the ceiling that leads to area 20 a).
  • The diagonal grey bars represent a crawlspace with a sloping roof.
  • Areas 20 d), e), and f) are hidden spy holes looking into rooms 16, 15, and 14. These spy holes are used by the tavern's landlord to gather potentially valuable information on his guests.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
It's a browser problem with mixed content on a secured site. Most modern browsers now look for a secured https site as a default. It won't load my images because my website doesn't have a SSL certificate (it's just a plain old html site instead of https) so it thinks my images are a security risk. I was able to fix my firefox browser so the images will load but not on Chrome. I may have to break down and get a SSL certificate for my site.

Turgenev

Hero
I'm currently in the process of getting a SSL certificate for my site. Course once that is set up, I will have to go through this thread and update all of my image urls. Please be patient as I work on fixing this.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Just a quick note that I fixed the warehouse & tavern map. The tavern had an error on the stairs at the upper level. If you can't see the changed image, refresh (CONTROL-F5) the page.

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads