• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TWF option

Triangleman27

First Post
BALANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [FIGHTER BONUS]

Prerequisite: Dex 15, Str 13, Two-weapon Fighting

Benefit: You can use a 1-handed weapon in each hand without the standard penalty for not using a light weapon in your off-hand.

I'm considering revising the penalties for TWF altogether. -10 for the offhand is pretty steep even for not having any feats; I'm no fencer but I doubt it's as daunting as say JUGGLING.

Asurya

First Post
your feat officially exists: Oversized TWF (in CAdv)
it has fewer prerequisite on the top of that :D

for your second point, I still use the old 3.0 Ambidextry / TWF couple, but it's true that -6 on each hand to represent the coordination troubles seems dire.

Last edited:

Triangleman27 said:
BALANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [FIGHTER BONUS]

Prerequisite: Dex 15, Str 13, Two-weapon Fighting

Benefit: You can use a 1-handed weapon in each hand without the standard penalty for not using a light weapon in your off-hand.

I'm considering revising the penalties for TWF altogether. -10 for the offhand is pretty steep even for not having any feats; I'm no fencer but I doubt it's as daunting as say JUGGLING.
FWIW, I had some success fighting with 2 swords (longswords) in the SCA. -10 attack in the off-hand is too steep, -5 might be more reasonable. However, it is not possible to use your full strength with either sword since you're holding them in a defensive position or the secondary weapon is being used fully defensive. Without the defensive position the fighter would definitely incur an attack of opportunity. Having said that I must also point out that some "high level" fighters are so fast on their attack that they can keep their swords in full offensive thus using their full strength bonus -- sounds like a high level feat to me.

Just my 2 farthings.

Remove ads