• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Twilight Teleport

Jack of Shadows

First Post
OK,

Twilight Teleport, a Utility 12 power of the Feytouched Paragon Path, allows you to "Teleport yourself or another creature into the triggering creature's space" when the creature, affected by your Warlock's Curse, drops to 0 or fewer hp's.

While the range to the target is spelled out there seems to be no limit to who or where that other creature is. Now I'm going to assume the other creature must also be within range but it seems awfully poorly worded.

The power gets stranger in an airborne combat where a flying mount can be cursed, killed, and then have the rider of a different flying mount teleported into the square. While it is amusing to picture on fellow now falling from the sky astride the shoulders of his friend, it's less amusing when it's done to the players.

Just one of several oddities in the new rules. If I've missed something please let me know.

JoS

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, perhaps that's a cautionary tale in the adventures of flying mounts.

Though the guy who was riding the mount which died is hooped anyway. You're just adding the cherry of his buddy falling too. And it's a daily, remember.

It's really no different than using a "knocks prone" effect on a flying creature less than 500 ft. in the air. In one round they hit the ground and take ~ 250 damage. That's enough to take someone out of the fight for a good time. Flying's dangerous man.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Sorry, my last comment came off as shorter and snarkier than I intended. The range of the power is 20 squares and the Effect section refers to a "creature," which is a target keyword, so the power affects any creature (including yourself) within 20 squares.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Shroomy said:
The power description says the range is 20 squares.

Yes, the target (i.e. the guy that just died) has to be within 20 squares. What it doesn't define is where other creature has to be. As written, I could teleport Orcus into his square.

No DM is going to allow that obviously but description could have been much more coherent.

JoS

Shroomy

Adventurer
The section in the effect that refers to creatures and yourself governs the range of the power because they are target keywords. The range of 20 covers this "target" also (its not specifically spelled out as a "Target" because it is not an attack power).

Also, teleportation requires line of sight to work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads