• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Two 2E character kits converted into 3E PrCs.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Hi all. I've recently converted 2nd Edition AD&D Character Kits into 3E prestige classes: The Inquisitor (from The Complete Paladin) and the Warden (from the Complete Ranger).

The Inqusitor, who I took some slight liberties with when I designed him, but overall I like how it turned out.

The Warden is a class that few PCs would want to take, although NPC wardens could appear every now and then.

Please keep in mind that these are rough drafts, so please excuse typoes, mistakes, etc.

The inquisitor is probably balanced over ten levels, but he's lopsided. His best two abilities (clarity of mind and true sight) come at 1st and 10th level, with somewhat less (extra uses of dispel magic) in between. So it's a wonderful class to take one level in, offers unappetizing advancement for most of its life, and then provides a neat, 10th-level boon that makes it worthwhile. I'd make things a bit more gradual: perhaps allow inquisitors to add their class level to saving throws against mind-affecting spells. That way, they'll have a +10 save bonus by 10th level, which should constitute near-immunity.

Remove ads