5E Two Full-Page Art Pieces From Mythological Figures: Lucifer & Cthulhu

Russ Morrissey

Comments

Worrgrendel

Explorer
Is Cthulhu fair game nowadays?
Cthulhu himself is very much in the public domain, as is the majority of Lovecraft's fiction. It's not copyrights that are the hazard here, it's trademarks. "Call of Cthulhu" is an established trademark in gaming, variously owned and licensed.
All works of Lovecraft published during his lifetime, became public domain in all 27 European Union countries on 1 January, 2008.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also see Pathfinder, plushy toy makers, and everybody else who has been making various Cthulhu things for years. And Chaosium, of course.

But great art, eh?

I have been looking at making a race based on Stormbringer it would be so badassed.
You mean based on the sword itself? I think it is pretty clear from the series that it is actually some sort of 'demon' (not that these categories really necessarily correspond much with D&D ones mind you). I seem to recall at the death of Elric it takes its natural form.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You mean based on the sword itself? I think it is pretty clear from the series that it is actually some sort of 'demon' (not that these categories really necessarily correspond much with D&D ones mind you). I seem to recall at the death of Elric it takes its natural form.
Correct the race could have an ability to take humanoid form (perhaps with a feat). The Weapon also floated on water. and could fly a yard off the ground for overland travel distances when it was abandoned.. it consumed power out of other magic items it destroyed - ie it has reason to gather treasure :p it absorbs their magic.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There is more than one other source for the idea actually. One example is an anime where all the lead characters are a pair up of hero and animate weapon.

There is more than one other source for the idea actually. One example is an anime where all the lead characters are a pair up of hero and animate weapon.
Sounds like maybe a subclass or something like that. In HoML I would just implement it by allocating certain boons to the item (IE they are manifested AS a weapon, but mechanically are boons of the character). The artifact rules might also work, but 4e-style artifacts fill a bit different niche.

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement1

Latest threads

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4