D&D 5E Two New D&D Books Revealed: Feywild & Strixhaven Mage School

Amazon has revealed the next two D&D hardcovers! The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is a feywild adventure due in September, and Curriculum of Chaos is a Magic: the Gathering setting of Strixhaven, which looks like a Harry Potter-esque mage school, set for November. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0786967277/?fbclid=IwAR0XJFcrq5jcCsPLRpMx--hEeSOXpDNFG1_tT6JUwB0hhXp-0wwrcXo6KhQ The Wild Beyond the...

Amazon has revealed the next two D&D hardcovers! The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is a feywild adventure due in September, and Curriculum of Chaos is a Magic: the Gathering setting of Strixhaven, which looks like a Harry Potter-esque mage school, set for November.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is D&D's next big adventure storyline that brings the wicked whimsy of the Feywild to fifth edition for the first time.

The recent Unearthed Arcana, Folk of the Feywild, contained the fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, and rabbitfolk. UA is usually a good preview of what's in upcoming D&D books.

1622920152629.png

Curriculum of Chaos is an upcoming D&D release set in the Magic: The Gathering world of Strixhaven -- a brand new MtG set only just launched.

Strixhaven is a school of mages on the plane of Arcavios, an elite university with five rival colleges founded by dragons: Silverquill (eloquence), Prismari (elemental arts), Witherbloom (life and death), Lorehold (archaeomancy), and Quandrix (numeromancy). You can read more about the M:tG set here.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.43.56 PM.png

You will be able to tune into WotC's streamed event D&D Live on July 16 and 17 for details on both, including new character options, monsters, mechanics, story hooks, and more!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Feels a little bit like they've noticed the leak, and have decided to do daily teases until their original planned announcement. Cool with me, I love waking up to a new tease!
Probably the Amazon listing was intended to be part of the ramp up to the show, given that it includes an advertisement. Timing might be off from what they intended, but maybe not: including a reference to the coming announcement suggests that 5hry have found a way to nullify Amazon Keats even if they can't control precise timing. The Fantasy Grounds thing, if it is legit, is much more of an oopsie.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Probably the Amazon listing was intended to be part of the ramp up to the show, given that it includes an advertisement. Timing might be off from what they intended, but maybe not: including a reference to the coming announcement suggests that 5hry have found a way to nullify Amazon Keats even if they can't control precise timing. The Fantasy Grounds thing, if it is legit, is much more of an oopsie.

I'd be surprised if they meant to leak the titles this early. I'll add, none of the larger news sites (Polygon, IGN, etc) have reported on the leak, making me think that this leak is very much not intended and these sites have pre-scheduled articles meant to release based on prior info given to them by WotC.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Harry Potter goes to college ...

Even better!
Would you trust a magic cop if all they had completed beforehand was magic high school?

Thank Boccob Strixhaven has higher level learning before sending their students off into the world. Aurors should have more training than that.

Yaarel

He Mage
@Parmandur and @Marandahir

This sounds like an amazing adventure campaign.

The setting starts off in the ordinary modern world, perhaps a particular reallife city.

When sightings of "unidentified aerial phenomena" gain official announcements abouts aliens. But it turns out to be a plot by the Fair Folk who have been living underground and underwater this whole time.

The unfolding story would become mind-warping!

Remove ads

Remove ads