D&D 5E Two New D&D Books Revealed: Feywild & Strixhaven Mage School

Amazon has revealed the next two D&D hardcovers! The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is a feywild adventure due in September, and Curriculum of Chaos is a Magic: the Gathering setting of Strixhaven, which looks like a Harry Potter-esque mage school, set for November.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is D&D's next big adventure storyline that brings the wicked whimsy of the Feywild to fifth edition for the first time.

The recent Unearthed Arcana, Folk of the Feywild, contained the fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, and rabbitfolk. UA is usually a good preview of what's in upcoming D&D books.

1622920152629.png

Curriculum of Chaos is an upcoming D&D release set in the Magic: The Gathering world of Strixhaven -- a brand new MtG set only just launched.

Strixhaven is a school of mages on the plane of Arcavios, an elite university with five rival colleges founded by dragons: Silverquill (eloquence), Prismari (elemental arts), Witherbloom (life and death), Lorehold (archaeomancy), and Quandrix (numeromancy). You can read more about the M:tG set here.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.43.56 PM.png

You will be able to tune into WotC's streamed event D&D Live on July 16 and 17 for details on both, including new character options, monsters, mechanics, story hooks, and more!

Last edited:

Thanks for posting this; I hadn't checked ICV2 yet today. I think the most interesting thing here is the classes for the iconics for each college: Quint (Lorehold) is an artificer, and that was a surprise to me, but it certainly matches with the flavor of Lorehold. I would have guessed Killian (Silverquill) would be a bard and Rootha (Prismari) would be a sorceror, though, based on their characrerization in the short stories. The other two: Dina (Witherbloom druid) and Zimone (Quandrix wizard) seem logical to me, though.

His card is Cleric and Cleric he should stay.

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
Yea and the twists are important. The adventures are now “events” and common seasons. Even if that’s kinda blurring now. The settings are made for prexisting fans and contain things fans of other things might want, they are not completely siloed. And finally the company actively seeks out fans and where they “hang out”. Not like in 3e by individuals out in a limb, but by boosting those fan areas or taking part as a company. See the more focused convention support and the CR participation. Even the store support and DMSGUILD is part of this.
I very much like this ecosystem. One of the greatest appeals of D&D for me has always been its applicability across many D&D settings. I lived through the many settings of D&D in the 2nd edition era and I loved it. I really like this 5th edition approach to it. And, as I am continuing to read Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft, I would say they have done a terrific job with the setting. They have really taken what was already a wonderful setting from 1990 and added some nice touches in a beautiful volume.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Woot woot!

So, there are five days in this "Week of Legend."

• Day 1 was the Feywild adventure.
  • Day 2 was the Strixhaven setting.
  • Day 3 is the Dark Alliance game.

Only two days left. I assume one will just be the Magic the Gathering Forgotten Realms set. But that leaves one other slot. Is it another digital property, a Critical Role thing, or the last major product?

I sure as heck don't know.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
So, there are five days in this "Week of Legend."

• Day 1 was the Feywild adventure.
  • Day 2 was the Strixhaven setting.
  • Day 3 is the Dark Alliance game.

Only two days left. I assume one will just be the Magic the Gathering Forgotten Realms set. But that leaves one other slot. Is it another digital property, a Critical Role thing, or the last major product?

I sure as heck don't know.
I hope it is something more to my taste as nothing really inspiring has been put out for a while.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases