D&D 5E Two New D&D Books Revealed: Feywild & Strixhaven Mage School

Amazon has revealed the next two D&D hardcovers! The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is a feywild adventure due in September, and Curriculum of Chaos is a Magic: the Gathering setting of Strixhaven, which looks like a Harry Potter-esque mage school, set for November.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is D&D's next big adventure storyline that brings the wicked whimsy of the Feywild to fifth edition for the first time.

The recent Unearthed Arcana, Folk of the Feywild, contained the fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, and rabbitfolk. UA is usually a good preview of what's in upcoming D&D books.

1622920152629.png

Curriculum of Chaos is an upcoming D&D release set in the Magic: The Gathering world of Strixhaven -- a brand new MtG set only just launched.

Strixhaven is a school of mages on the plane of Arcavios, an elite university with five rival colleges founded by dragons: Silverquill (eloquence), Prismari (elemental arts), Witherbloom (life and death), Lorehold (archaeomancy), and Quandrix (numeromancy). You can read more about the M:tG set here.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.43.56 PM.png

You will be able to tune into WotC's streamed event D&D Live on July 16 and 17 for details on both, including new character options, monsters, mechanics, story hooks, and more!

Last edited:

That's the main point. DnD has a muliverse of worlds, cultures, styles of play, target audiences? Why would one be bothered with MORE options, for more people, when the style of play they enjoy is not being threatenned in any way?
Prolly cause if you don't like bunnyfolk and owlpeople in your game, having rules for them runs the risk of a player coming to your game and asking to play one
And saying 'no' or banning options is frowned upon

I don't much care personally. No going to buy the books as I have three setting books already I'll never use and I don't care about Magic. And I'm an naughty word GM that bans options all the time for arbitrary reasons
But I can understand why people dislike

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Man, I still wish they revealed the alternative cover. Hmm, wonder if it could happen alongside the big announcement on Friday.
we gent an announcement of friday? why was I not told?
Thanks for your permission on that, I appreciate that. :p
anthro races never worked for me but that might because they tend to just end up stereotypes or just animal behaviour and I want things way more complex than that as the paint apes are utterly nut, so why would other sapients not follow suit?

You likely were and forgot
It was announced over two months ago, which is a long time

Stormonu

Legend

anthro races never worked for me but that might because they tend to just end up stereotypes or just animal behaviour and I want things way more complex than that as the paint apes are utterly nut, so why would other sapients not follow suit?
Some of us just want cat girls :p

I think my interest with anthro races started with Disney’s Robin Hood, and I just thought that it would be cool to have a D&D world where humans were replaced with anthro people. Secret of Nihm/Redwall doubled down on that for me.

That and I always thought Narnia’s Reepicheep was da man.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases