• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two rounds to cure?

taotad

Explorer
I read the touch spell description and discovered something that my group probably have done wrong for some time.

The cure wounds spells including harm/heal, requires the caster to touch the recipients of the spell as a standard action! This means that first the healer must cast the cure spell, and then touch the target the following round, using two rounds to deliver the healing!
We've always played it as a part of the casting cost to use the cure spells, but now I'm wondering if I may be wrong.
See touch spells in the PHB p.151 and the cure spells desc.

Help me out here.

Artoomis

First Post
No, no. These work just like other Touch spells. You cast the spell and then can "touch" up to six of your buddies (well, only one if the target is only one)

You can cast and then touch if your target is next to you, or cast , move and touch if the target is not next to you.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Artoomis said:
No, no. These work just like other Touch spells. You cast the spell and then can "touch" up to six of your buddies (well, only one if the target is only one)

You can cast and then touch if your target is next to you, or cast , move and touch if the target is not next to you.

Touching one person is subsumed in the casting of the spell; touching up to 6 takes a full-round action.

Remove ads