• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Weapon Rangers

Abraxas

Explorer
Is a ranger allowed to use two bastard swords for Ranger powers requiring two weapons if the character has taken the proficiency feat for the bastard sword?

I can't equip a bastard sword in the off-hand slot on a ranger character I was building using the online CB - and I was wondering if I missed something.

Abraxas

Explorer
Thanks - I was worried that in all the recent updates I must have missed something.

The character does have the two weapon fighting style - this must be a new CB bug - because I'm fairly certain it used to work correctly.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Thanks - I was worried that in all the recent updates I must have missed something.

The character does have the two weapon fighting style - this must be a new CB bug - because I'm fairly certain it used to work correctly.

I can't speak for bastard swords, but I was trying to wield a hand-axe in each hand of a Scout this morning, and it just wouldn't do it.

I am going to guess that their latest update introduced a bug into the two-weapon logic.

Abraxas

Explorer
OK, if you un-equip both hands and then equip items to the off hand only in the following order

First - item you want in your off hand
Second - item you want in your main hand

you can get both items equipped in the hand you want them in - that's just messed up.

Remove ads