• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TX, San Antonio - Eberron Pathfinder LFP

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am currently running Pathfinder campaign set in the Eberron Campaign Setting. We meet weekly on Monday nights from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm. My group currently has a spot for one new player, as one of our current players is likely to be leaving us very soon. The campaign is a new chapter in a previous Eberron campaign which used D&D 3.5 rules and ended back in June. We continue to use the same campaign setting and canon from the previous campaign, but it is not an important factor in the new campaign, merely window dressing and a way for my current players to see that their actions have had an impact on the world.

My group meets in the San Antonio area. At present we have five players, with one leaving soon, so I am looking for someone to take his place. The setting is the world of Eberron in the city of Stormreach, an independent city ruled by pirates on the edge of civilization where might makes right. Prior knowledge of the setting is not necessary, but might enhance your enjoyment of the game. I am looking for mature gamers in the age range of mid 20s and older. Our group is mostly male, but females are welcome to join as long as they are comfortable with mature conversation. I would term our group as casual powergamers. We like to optimize characters, but we also don't mind a bit of table-talk, usually limited to the beginning of the session during set-up. Language is adult and not kid-friendly. Role-playing is fun, but killing monsters and taking their stuff is more fun. We use miniatures and battle maps and I require players to bring miniatures, tokens, or some representation of their characters for the battle map (doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something that easily distinguishes your character from other stuff on the map).

My DM style is old-school with lots of hack-and-slash, dungeon-crawling, dice-rolling, and high fantasy adventure. Players are allowed to play multiple characters as adventuring can be a risky business and character mortality is high in this campaign. As a result, development of character personality and backgrounds is not so important in the beginning, and should develop organically as play progresses. I run a tight ship. I do NOT tolerate rules-lawyering and arguments at the table, although I have an open-door policy for players to contact me through email or phone if they wish to discuss elements of the campaign or their characters with which they are not happy. I am actually pretty easy going as far as how you want to play your character and provide many options for you to customize or change a character if some element didn't work out as planned or one of your characters isn't as fun as you imagined it would be.

As this is only my second campaign running Pathfinder (and the first was short), some options are currently limited due to my experience. Other options become available upon player request and as I become more comfortable with the system. I have lots of experience as a DM in various editions of D&D, especially with 3.5, so it doesn't take long for me to get the hang of things. If there are particular rules you are interested in, please make me aware of this and I will be happy to incorporate them sooner rather than later. I am always adding new things to the campaign, including unique and interesting items.

Joining the group will require an Obsidian Portal account and an email address which you regularly check as these are the two primary means through which I keep in touch with my players and provide supplementary material (house rules, character creation, etc.) to the group. You can check out the campaign on Obsidian Portal by clicking here.

If you are interested in this campaign, please contact me via PM or by posting in this thread. Good hunting!

Remove ads