D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons New Cover Reveal

On Amazon, the cover of the upcoming rerelease of Tyranny of Dragons has been revealed, and it's a gorgeous depiction of Tiamat! Defy the Queen of Evil Dragons in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Tyranny of Dragons combines and refines two action-packed Dungeons & Dragons adventures—Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat—into a single sweeping campaign...

On Amazon, the cover of the upcoming rerelease of Tyranny of Dragons has been revealed, and it's a gorgeous depiction of Tiamat!

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 11.15.08 PM.png

Defy the Queen of Evil Dragons in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Tyranny of Dragons combines and refines two action-packed Dungeons & Dragons adventures—Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat—into a single sweeping campaign. It also includes a gallery of concept art providing a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of an epic adventure spotlighting Tiamat, one of the most legendary foes in D&D.
  • A wonderful re-introduction to 5th edition’s first published adventures for new fans
  • Begins as a low-level adventure suitable for new players and evolves into an epic, sprawling campaign bringing players all the way from level 1 to level 15
  • Adventure has been rebalanced to be easier for a new Dungeon Master to run and a better play experience.
  • Book includes gallery of concept art spotlighting Tiamat, one of the most legendary foes in D&D

dave2008

Legend
They already updated and cleaned up the adventure when the single volume version was first released a couple of years ago, so why would they need to changes things again for this re-release? Are people expecting it to be updated to match the 2024 rules revisions?
The updates when they combined the two books were very minor. People were hoping for a thorough review and update to the adventrue.

dave2008

Legend
On Amazon, the cover of the upcoming rerelease of Tyranny of Dragons has been revealed, and it's a gorgeous depiction of Tiamat!

Defy the Queen of Evil Dragons in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Tyranny of Dragons combines and refines two action-packed Dungeons & Dragons adventures—Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat—into a single sweeping campaign. It also includes a gallery of concept art providing a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of an epic adventure spotlighting Tiamat, one of the most legendary foes in D&D.
  • A wonderful re-introduction to 5th edition’s first published adventures for new fans
  • Begins as a low-level adventure suitable for new players and evolves into an epic, sprawling campaign bringing players all the way from level 1 to level 15
  • Adventure has been rebalanced to be easier for a new Dungeon Master to run and a better play experience.
  • Book includes gallery of concept art spotlighting Tiamat, one of the most legendary foes in D&D
That is a pretty nice cover. I like this Tiamat, but it suffers from a problem a lot of Tiamat art does: ambiguous attached dragon necks. Seriously, where are the white, blue, and green attached to her body? It looks like green head is sprouting out of the middle of her back!

Last edited:

Several issues still exist however in my opinion. I've played through this adventure several times as a player.
Out of interest, the DMs you played with did no major changes to the story or look online for aids/fresh ideas?
I mean it is very telling if you picked that all up as a player. 😕

dave2008

Legend
I will check this out when it comes to my FlGS. If it has new concept art of Tiamat I will probably pick it up, I never got RoT so I don't have the combined product.

pukunui

Legend
It says it’s being rebalanced so there could be changes.
Just a reminder to everyone that we've had quite a lengthy discussion about this product's contents already in this other thread: D&D 5E - Rebalanced Tyranny of Dragons Coming In January

The conclusion was that it is the same product as last time just without the hobby store exclusive cover. So there are no additional changes to the ones that they made to the adventures when they first combined them into one product.

Remove ads

Remove ads