D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons re-released without fanfare?

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
It is weird. TBH I'm not sure it's a "big" product release, though. It's the same book as last time going back into print with a new cover - no new content that wasn't in the 2019 version.

But yes - ZERO hype at all is strange.

Steel_Wind

Legend
In fairness, it's like WotC took a massive smelly dump in the bathroom and has opened the door into the main hallway of the home. The horror has rolled out like a green stinking cloud; it has lingerered in the air now for about 9+ days running. Last Friday, they attempted to give it the DDB Spray of Glade. No Air Freshener can mask this it seems. This one appears to be "Glade proof".

Is this the time, under these uhm... market conditions, that you want to talk about a new WotC product rollout for 5e amidst that stink?

I can see how if you are in marketing, you are in the "Can we please just wait a bit, maybe?"

Quickleaf

Legend
Chaos. WotC is in chaos.

Where is the WotC side of the movie hype?

Where is the tv show marketing?

Where is the hype for the new heist book? H*ck where is the COVER?!
Yeah my poor nephew is hyped for the movie, and he really wants to run his first D&D game based on Stranger Things. I had the boxed set on order with my FLGS for him, but then this whole storm of events happened, and I had to cancel my order. Can't in good conscience support WotC/Hasbro with their current behavior. Might look on Etsy for anyone who has sculpted or done .stl files of Stranger Things monsters and try printing them at the Public Library.

Yeah my poor nephew is hyped for the movie, and he really wants to run his first D&D game based on Stranger Things. I had the boxed set on order with my FLGS for him, but then this whole storm of events happened, and I had to cancel my order. Can't in good conscience support WotC/Hasbro with their current behavior. Might look on Etsy for anyone who has sculpted or done .stl files of Stranger Things monsters and try printing them at the Public Library.
Get a copy of free Basic Rules for Old School Essentials, then play that with your nephew. It’s a clean, simple retroclone of B/X D&D, so you can plausibly tell him that this is the same D&D that the kids on Stranger Things were actually playing.

Remove ads