D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons re-released without fanfare?

I am sorry tired of this type of hyperbole. It is making me want to jump on the D&D bandwagon even more. The fans are starting to make me feel like WotC is the safe haven! Never thought I would say that 2 weeks ago!
To be honest I have started to feel that way too. Originally I was very mad at WoTC as anyone could see a couple weeks ago with my posts. Over time the extreme level of vitriol and what has turned into what I perceive as a certain level of entitlement among some TTRPG players has pushed me to a neutral observer and occasional defender of WoTC on these forums.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
To be honest I have started to feel that way too. Originally I was very mad at WoTC as anyone could see a couple weeks ago with my posts. Over time the extreme level of vitriol and what has turned into what I perceive as a certain level of entitlement among some TTRPG players has pushed me to a neutral observer and occasional defender of WoTC on these forums.
I ended up unsubbing from a couple of DnD subreddits because it seemed like every other post was hating on WotC, I got sick of it pretty quick.

I am so tired of this type of hyperbole. It is making me want to jump on the D&D bandwagon even more. The fans are starting to make me feel like WotC is the safe haven! Never thought I would say that 2 weeks ago!
Same for me. It was getting a bit annoying here for a while when the top threads were almost all OGL related. That luckily seems to have died down quite a bit. I understand the concern and the need and desire for discussion, but it was drowning out other potential subjects...

teitan

Legend
Chaos. WotC is in chaos.

Where is the WotC side of the movie hype?

Where is the tv show marketing?

Where is the hype for the new heist book? H*ck where is the COVER?!
Yeah even the action figures that would have normally even had some hype just showed up after the whole OGL nonsense. But man are those NECA figures insane. So good. WOTC is on radio silence about a lot of stuff because their foot has a huge hole in it and they realize they’re backfiring on everything since, well, Spelljammer. One thing after the other in a monsoon of “what are you doing?!?”. It’s not boding well for the One D&D release.

Yeah even the action figures that would have normally even had some hype just showed up after the whole OGL nonsense. But man are those NECA figures insane. So good. WOTC is on radio silence about a lot of stuff because their foot has a huge hole in it and they realize they’re backfiring on everything since, well, Spelljammer. One thing after the other in a monsoon of “what are you doing?!?”. It’s not boding well for the One D&D release.

I've not heard much bad about Dragonlance. Especially not enough to say it backfired.

teitan

Legend
I've not heard much bad about Dragonlance. Especially not enough to say it backfired.
Not hearing much on Dragonlance when it launched with a new book and a Wargame at the same time with a major push is kind of a backfire but not a backlash. 5e fans seemed to like it but old school fans had a mixed reaction to it. I didn’t get it so I can’t comment but I forgot it even existed until I read you response and then remembered oh yeah there was that and then this game with it that was supposed to work with it. Yeah it’s ehhhhhh. Quiet.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The only bad / backfiring to do with Dragonlance is the crappy way WotC has handled the preorders through their DND Store. I still haven't received my hard copy ...
Yes, I'm not happy about the store at all. The one good thing I can say about it, is that I've been reimbursed shipping costs, since the EU store now also has free shipping.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases