D&D 4E UK 4E Launch Event at The London Dungeon

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
UK gamers (or indeed anyone willing to make the trip!) are invited to join Wizards of the Coast, the UK D&D team, and Leisure Games in celebrating the UK launch of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition at The London Dungeon. The event takes place the evening of Friday, 6 June in central London.

Tied in to Worldwide D&D Game Day, which takes place the following day, the UK launch party will feature 4E play in the form of the WWDDGD adventure, along with D&D miniatures, Three-Dragon Ante, and Inn-Fighting. In addition, we’ll have snacks, drinks, and a load of dungeony goodness. Best of all, we’ll be joined by the UK WotC and D&D staff, along with lead 4E designer Rob Heinsoo, who’s coming all the way from Renton, Washington in the US. Rob will be available to answer questions, share a few secrets and sneak peeks, maybe run a couple encounters, and generally hang out.

Last year, Leisure Games and WotC hosted a WWDDGD event at The London Dungeon, and it was a real blast. With the unveiling of 4E, we’re looking forward to this year’s event being even more fun.

Festivities kick off at 7:00 PM and run until midnight Friday, 6 June. The London Dungeon is at 28 Tooley Street, SE1 2SZ, adjacent to the London Bridge tube station.

Admission is free, but there is a limit to the number of people we can accept so you must sign up in advance. To sign up, contact Leisure Games at 020 8346 2327 or mike@leisuregames.com.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Rumour has it there's something happening here in Cambridge - since we apparently have a FLGS now. I'd love to run something but you seem to need to be a commercial entity to get hold of the material :( !

Maybe I should trek to London..

Bagpuss

Legend
Cambridge? Heck if I'm travelling as far as Cambridge I might as well keep going.

I was looking for places like Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, etc.

You know life outside the South East.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
CharlesRyan said:
UK gamers (or indeed anyone willing to make the trip!) are invited to join Wizards of the Coast, the UK D&D team, and Leisure Games in celebrating the UK launch of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition at The London Dungeon. The event takes place the evening of Friday, 6 June in central London.

Last year, Leisure Games and WotC hosted a WWDDGD event at The London Dungeon, and it was a real blast. With the unveiling of 4E, we’re looking forward to this year’s event being even more fun.

Festivities kick off at 7:00 PM and run until midnight Friday, 6 June. The London Dungeon is at 28 Tooley Street, SE1 2SZ, adjacent to the London Bridge tube station.

Hope you all have a great time - but my brother is doing something at The Gamers Guild in Redhill - website http://www.thegamersguild.co.uk/ - so I won't be able to make it this time.

The shop will be running D&D4e stuff all day, and I'll be attending (possibly wearing my ENWorld Tshirt if I can find it and it still fits...

For those thinking about going to the London Dungeon Event, I can't recommend it enough. I had a great time there last year at the Worldwide event, and I reckon it'll be just as good this time.

Go to the Gamers Guild website and email them if you want more information about the Redhill event, and who knows, I might see some of you there.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Bagpuss said:
Nothing going on elsewhere in the country? Is London it?

No, there will be WWDDGD events on Saturday (7 June) at sites all over the UK. I think the current count is 60 or 80 sites, which is up substantially from last year (which in itself was over double the previous years). So hopefully there will be something reasonably close to just about everyone.

UK sites should be added to the list at www.dndgameday.com Real Soon Now (we expect to get a more-or-less final list to WotC by the end of this week).

pedr

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
Yeah... like Manchester! Want.

Cheers, LT.
I'd be flabbergasted if fanboy3 wasn't running the Worldwide D&D Day on the 7th. If for some ridiculous reason it isn't, come across the Pennines to Sheffield - Patriot Games is planning to take part!

Trolls

First Post
Chris_Nightwing said:
Rumour has it there's something happening here in Cambridge - since we apparently have a FLGS now. I'd love to run something but you seem to need to be a commercial entity to get hold of the material :( !

Maybe I should trek to London..

No, stick to Cambridge! The more the merrier, as they say.
At least, it'd save a train fare.

Hmm...there's nothing on the Inner Sanctum website yet, but the calendar only goes up to May.

Remove ads