Ultimate 12th level fighty type build?

Snowy

Explorer
At work with no books but the cavalier prestige class looks like it might be a good one for a "conventional" high melee damage character.

Possibly with druid as the base for some animal companion mount with pounce and the feat that allows you to blow a wildshape to pounce yourself.

Anyone know the ones I mean? Damn annoying I'm playing Ars Magika tonight otherwise would search it out.

MY reading of PunPun is its not totally "by the book" and requires a lot of give on the part of a GM to allow it. It comes from some odd sources that aren't totally kosher.

Just got the report from the first FC night I wasn't party to -

Gerald used his dwarf from Harv FR to take on some Green Slaadi and won, then lost a close fight to a PC Bralani (one that I built) - mostly because he doesn't have a missile weapon - he made a note to self to buy a crossbow.

Craig built a level 20 barbarian and beat up a frost worm and then Horned Devil in a tough fight.

Dave made a warlock, level 20, that was pretty killer - very tough to track down, and lots of hellfire.

Then I passed out a level 20 War Troll PC to Gerald, and the warlock, barbarian and troll narrowly defeated the gargantuan black dragon in a fun fight that had them all getting double prismatic sprayed.

I really want to show up with something cool and dealing out MASSIVE damage. They went with straight builds...

Quartz

Hero
Since someone pointed out that the halberd is both Slashing and Piercing, a halbardier with Melee Weapon Mastery taken twice could be well nasty. Pity about the critical range

Dude has like every book excapt one or two, and book, any race, any level (well, we'll go with 20th. I thought he had said 12th originally, but they all went with 20th level builds)

Whats the biggest race with the lowest ECL, so maybe get War Hulk and Hulking Hurler?

Quartz

Hero
If you're going for 20th level, how about a couple of levels of Divine Crusader with the Instinct Domain? All those True Strikes... especially if you have a rod of Metamagic Quicken. Actually, you could one-up them by going for 21st level and taking Automatic Quicken Spell.

comareddin

First Post
Jack Simth said:
Umm... do you mean "best" as in "most effective possible"?

[sblock]Technically, you could do the original (12th level Kobold Egoist) Pun-Pun build.[/sblock]

But that's insane, so....

When I saw the 12 level limit this thread was also what immediately came to mind...

Remove ads