Ultimate SECRET WAR "Issue #0, Prelude to WAR"

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
The Thing -- Fantastic Four

"The bathtub ain't my ride an' you know it! It's Reed's!"

The Torch enters the room and chides the Thing into coming upstairs to the lab with him.

"Beat it, Flame-brain! I'm havin' a conversation on the phone!"

The Torch pesters the Thing until he finally acquiesces. The Thing rises up out of the chair and stubs his cigar out.

"Look Luke, I'll call ya back later. I need to go pummel the Torch. Keep me in mind though, OK?"

The Thing slams down the phone and yells down the hall towards the Human Torch.

"Don'tcha even think about scorching my leather chair pal! Or I'll dump a vat of ice on your head so big you won't flame on for a week! Now what is all yer flusterin' about eh?"

Ben Grimm squeezes his way out of the den and heads upstairs thinking how, if he decided to leave the team, he would miss pestering the Torch.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
CAPTAIN AMERICA Training Simulation!!

[the battle simulation continues - as Cap has taken down 4 Nazi troops (androids) and now faces the oncoming wave of 2 Panzers, nearly a full squad of troops and the coming Luftwaffe!! The panels are choppy and fast showing the grace then all at once POWER of Rodgers. To the side long panels with expressions of the men and women of the base watch from the Overdeck Observation monitors.]

the men watch the American IDOL in action... it's been classified that no one records training sessions - else this would make an amazing reality X-Treme video!!
"DUDE, did you see that??!!"
"Rock on man - YOU owe me $100!!"
"No way man, I meant 4 Nazi and a Tank!!"

"Nahh.. Boooo BOOOO" others hiss at the two
"The Hell you did...... ALRIGHT - Double or nothing Cap takes down one of them Planes coming in on him!!!"
"OoooooooooOOOOOOO!!!" the crowd sounds in amazement at the thought...
"yer on... SUCKER!"

Join us now TRUE BELIEVERS as we rejoin the action!!

Karl Green said:
[occ]Hmm Sense Motive DC30, if I roll a 20, still not enough… so, depending (I would assume with the ‘talky’ it would probably be -4 to next attack or skill roll but that’s just me[/occ]
[the -4 is EXACTLY what I was planning on suggesting for Quicksilver... So that's what it is. (completed below)]

karl green said:
Captain gets a 16 initiative :( bad rolling there ;)
Golly that a lot of natural 20’s ;)
I assume I don’t need to roll a natural 20, just have to beat the total attack roll of the Panzer. Anyway Damage save for the two Nazi machine guns… first

[whew... bad initiative roll... heheh... and YES, I brought a SPECIAL "barbie dice" (in-joke) to my office, Barbie dice always put-out!...
No, can beat the Panzers and did a wonderful job saving from the Nazi Soldier machine guns, REMEMBER though - watch the initiative... Cap actaully GOT to go BEFORE the Soldiers. I listed their actions since you'd more than likely be going first... So actually Cap took out the soldiers as/before they are firing.]

karl green said:
Deflection total 28, if not enough, Damage save total vs. that machine gun is 32, hmm guess I should have just tried to deflect them all ;) for all the good it did me…
[the deflection total was good enough (these aren't SuperNazi - ie. they're soldiers), it actually DID do you good...]

karl green said:
Reflex save total is 30, Damage save vs. Half Damage is a total of 19 :( man dice hate me, but remember the shirt, think I made it :) Verses the second blast Reflex Save 29, Damage save vs. Half Damage is a total of 27.
[SO CLOSE... if not for the chain mail Cap would have taken a HIT... TWO tank blasts, 9 autofire shots and NO damage... Cap rocks!]

Captain America is not stranger to getting shot at, he's taken a few to many NOT to be cautious. The Overlook deck groans...
"Oooooooo....." the explodes in cheer,
"YEAH!! YEAAAHHH!!! when they watch as Cap spins with auto-matic fire... the machine guns, old but deadly catch the patriot in the upper shoulder putting him to the ground ... SO IT WOULD SEEM ... but the Ultimate uses the momentum to thrust with a tumble and rolls back to his feet not losing a step!!

karl green said:
I remember somewhere something about Tactics, Captains roll is 24. Captain throws his shield at the nearest Nazi (the group of 7), Attack roll total 24 (if I get -4 because of the Taunt, still a 20, assuming that hits as my Range Increment is 40ft with the Shield), Damage save vs. 29, if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls natural 20!
Captain also makes a half moves 20ft to get some cover from the either the Troops or the Tanks or the Planes coming down out of the sky ;) whichever is within Range.

Glancing up to the German air support calculating the time he has to act before they're on him, Cap looks to the Nazi Soldiers... the rumble of the ground quake from the tank tread and fire pull his through as the lead Nazi holds out his rifle taking the brunt of the shield attack... Surely this must make Rodgers remember the men, like these robots even the Nazi had training and they rallied for their cause....... a touch of admiration for their Soldiering abilities might wipe across Cap's mind ....

HOLY CRAP!! the FIRST damage save is a Natural 20! (Barbie dice kick ass), that means that while sounding cool - none of the other takedowns happen. :(
The Richochet Natural 20 puts Cap landing in prime position (your choice) for next round though... I'll give you a choice for cover:
- going into a broken but 3/4 cover from EVERTHING in a Market Building, Full cover from the planes.
- going toward one of the Tanks for full cover from it and the other main tank gun, 1/2 cover from the planes, 1/4 cover from the 7 Nazi soldiers and their buddies that are coming!
- Full Cover / No Attackes by Shutting down the sequence...

as the Nazi says (in German)...
<"You see!! you see my country-men, the American Superman is NOT unbeatable - Just as I have, we can all overcome his attacks... he is no stronger than their Betty Boop... or perhaps Mickey Maus!!">
the German troops let out a cry of comraderie...
<"HUZZAH!! Onward, we send the infidel back to Texas!!">

ROUND 3
--------------
LUFTWAFFE (3): 17
PANZERS (2 & 2 machine gun commanders): 16+1 Leadership = 17
Captain America: 16
NAZI TROOPS (7+3 more this round): 14+1 Leadership = 15
Thor: 6

The BLITZKRIEG continues over the line foot by foot they head through the town market - in the distance Cap could easily see the wave of Luftwaffe approaching for straiffing runs protecting the German ground force...
He knows [from his Tactics roll] that they will be looking to fire on him within the next 6-16 seconds! [ie. next round on 17 initiative]
Cresting the broken walls of the town buildings with the tank THREE more Nazi rush around their Panzers [that makes 10 total Soldiers now, all currently within charging distance 25-30'] they advance on Captain America in a "c" looking to coral him toward the tanks into the open Market... trying to Flank. [but you can't "Flank" with Ranged attacks]
Krackeling through the Market Place the two Panzers circle from orders by their Commanders [Leadership, giving +1 to initiative!], the gunners inside quickly reload and ....

"FIRE!!!!"
BOOOOMM!!!!

and several men and women on the observation deck squint and cover their eyes...

[Cap doesn't get a chance to cover prior to the tanks firing, the Machine Gunners on top fire and only ONE main gun gets off (the other is stagger loading, so one can fire per round)] [Targeting Cap (then the area) for = 18 total to hit... misses Cap but hits the area. (Reflex Save for half Damage, Cap) the blast that shakes his area! Total Dmg SV: 25. If Relex Save HALF: 20.]...

CAPTAIN AMERICA ACTS

Assuming there may still be some up... the Nazi Soldier all fire - auto-fire 3 bursts at -6 each minus the level of cover Cap chose... DAMN - 30 shots/rolls with two 19s, five 18s, two 17s and NO Natural 20s!! with the minuses none can hit...

up next
ROUND 4
--------------
PANZERS (1 & 1 machine gun commanders): 16 [Leadership is gone]
NAZI TROOPS (7+3 more this round): 14

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
THOR aids CAP

[OOC: this event happens at the END of round THREE, so Cap still has time to react PRIOR to Thor's hammer bursting in... THOR will now be in Initiative order after EVERYONE (Thor acts on a 6) for ROUND 4.]

[END of Round 3 action]
Mimic said:
*As Captain America is about to dive for cover, something flys by him traveling at an incredible speed as it heads straight towards one of the Panzers*

Attack roll: 28 Damage Save: 40 - (armor rating) note: protection reduced by 2

Mjolnir strikes true...
KRACK-THOOOOM!!!
Zzzziiiittttzzztttt... Zzzziiiittttzzztttt...
BOOM-BABOOOOMMM!!!

and pieces of the cracked Nazi Panzer rain across the battlefield!!
Captain America easily tumbles to his next plan of action avoiding slabs of metal... Then...
TWUUDDD!!
the body of the Tank Commander (that had wanted "his colors for his tank") flops at Cap's feet... looking up at him it says....
"YESS ze INFIDEL, we will bring him before Mein Furher, we will line our walks with his bones, we will..." Zzzziiiittttzzztttt... Zzzziiiittttzzztttt...

Mimic said:
*As Captain America completes
Mimic said:
his roll, he glances back and easily spots Thor standing tall almost as if daring the enemy to attack him, he lifts up his hand and catchs Mjolnir as it flys back to his grasp*

"Come on Cap, finish these guys off we got a meeting to go to." Thor says giving him a big smile

Initiative: 6 (ouch)

The reaction from the crowd above breaks pandamonium!! Thor NEVER trains!! This is surely a day... a day for unbelievable things... If only Col. Fury were here to see it!

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kevin Perrine said:
end of ROUND 2

Captain thinks stupid droids are tougher then I thought, damn it man, you should never underestimate any combat situation Rogers, even a training exercise. Better wrap this up to see what Fury has got going… and to check that little spas Quicksilver a new one…

ROUND 3
--------------
PANZERS (2 & 2 machine gun commanders): 16+1 Leadership = 17
NAZI TROOPS (7+3 more this round): 14+1 Leadership = 15

[Cap doesn't get a chance to cover prior to the tanks firing, the Machine Gunners on top fire and only ONE main gun gets off (the other is stagger loading, so one can fire per round)] [Targeting Cap (then the area) for = 18 total to hit... misses Cap but hits the area. (Reflex Save for half Damage, Cap) the blast that shakes his area! Total Dmg SV: 25. If Relex Save HALF: 20.]...

Reflex save total 29 vs. first attack; Damage save 18 (YIKES so close... again dice hate me... need Barbie) but still good enough with the steelmesh shirt; Reflex save total 21 vs. the second attack; Damage save 19 (ok starting to see a patter here ;)) but assuming the Reflex save was 20, still made it...but close

CAPTAIN AMERICA ACTS

Captain says "OK Nazi boys, time for the scrap heap..."

Attack roll total vs. first Nazi is NATURAL 20!! Damage save 34 (man Barbie dice better not win this one) if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Second Nazi 34 -2 (ricochet) =32. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Third Nazi 23 -4 (ricochet) =19. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Fourth Nazi 32 - 6 (ricochet) =26. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Fifth Nazi 25 - 8 (ricochet) =17. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Sixth Nazi NATURAL 20! Damage save 34; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Seventh Nazi is 26 -12 (ricochet) =14 (not sure if that still hits but assuming so). Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Eight Nazi scum! 34 -14 (ricochet) =20. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. Ninth Nazi is 34 -16 (ricochet) = 18. Damage save 29; if he fails, Takedown Attack, Ricochet Attack rolls total vs. the LAST Nazi scum is 30 -18 (ricochet) =12 (maybe!!!). Damage save 29... ok this time lets see some NAZIES fall!!!

up next
ROUND 4
--------------
PANZERS (1 & 1 machine gun commanders): 16 [Leadership is gone]
NAZI TROOPS (7+3 more this round): 14

Spoils

First Post
Tony Stark dreams...

Scene: first person view from the head of an oversized bed. Rumpled silk sheets cover the bed, save for three feet poking from its edge. The edge of a doorframe at the corner is dwarfed by a wall-sized painting. An impressionist blending of stars, meteors, comets, and colorful nebulae race down the wall, changing, losing their hues and their detail at the bottom of the frame: all that remains are pixels and hints of 1s and 0s. What outside light filters through the windows' hanging blinds does little to illuminate the room, giving it an almost film-noir quality.

Tony Stark reflects, mellowing in the warmth of sherry in his blood and Sheryl in his bed. Outside, the sun goes behind a cloud and the light fades. Feeling an irrational, almost panicked need for light, Tony rushes to the window, drawing back the shades... but the light is suddenly gone, the windows opaque. Feeling a sudden pounding in his head, Tony struggles to calm himself. He turns toward the sound of Sheryl's pleasure but, even in the failing light, her new bedfellow is unmistakable: Iron Man. Tony screams.

"Tony! Tony, wake up! You're having a nightmare! Tony!"

(Tony stirs) "Sheryl? Sheryl... no..." He awakes, seeing the look of worry in her eyes. "Sorry..." Tony shrugs himself away from her embrance and stands, stretching.

Sheryl wraps herself in sheets and starts to follow him. "Are you alright, Tony? You kept saying my name, telling me no... what were you dreaming?"

"Oh, it was nothing, sweetheart," he said with a smile, "I just dreamed you were in bed with Bill Gates and... really honey... I felt for you." Tony looked hard at the lights above him, suddenly distracted. "Just a silly dream." As Sheryl draws near, he innocently bends away from her, picking up clothes that lay scattered across the floor. "You sure made a mess of these, hon. What say I get them cleaned up for your show tonight?"

Sheryl pulls the dress from his hands. "They don't matter, Tony." As she carefully lays them out on the bed, she misses Tony's knowing smirk. "They're just clothes."

Tony laughs, knowing full well of Sheryl's love for expensive clothing; after all, he'd been gifting her with and later "unwrapping" expensive dresses for weeks. "We both know how good you look in that dress, but compared to what's under that bedsheet, it's just an ..." reminded briefly of his dream, Tony's next words were barely a whisper, "expensive shell."

Tony turned and almost ran for the door. Without another glance back he said, "Sheryl, I've got to go. Good luck tonight, you're gonna kill." Five minutes and a cocktail later, Tony Stark - now Iron Man - leapt from the roof of his skyscraper, flying toward the Triskelion. As he flew, he grepped every sensor readout for anything that could distract him and provide some much-needed release. "I've spent so much time just playing, lately. Maybe it's time for a change. I'll send Sheryl another dress tomorrow, she'll understand."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Willpower save result 19
Greatest Fear said:
The page shows one large picture, partly overlayed by a smaller frame in the lower-right corner.
The larger picture shows Peter in his costume but without his mask. His face has the look of fear.
The picture is dominated by the image of the Green Goblin, drawn from the profile. His other foot rests atop a pile of unrecognizable but clearly human forms. In his left hand he holds Mary Jane Watson, beaten and bloody, by her neck. Both MJ and the Goblin are looking at Peter, the former with a look of fear and pleading, the latter with an evil look of satisfaction.

"I told you I would forgive you once, Peter. But how do you reward my understanding of you just being in the wrong company?
You hit me!
Maybe after this punishment, you will finally realise..."

The smaller frame has a close-up the Green Goblin's face that has a maniacal grin on it.
"...that you are my boy."
*CRACK*
"Now and forever."
Greatest Desire said:
On this page, the eye is drawn to the profile of picture of Peter and Mary Jane, both slightly older and wearing their finests. They are holding each other, kissing. Rice is raining around them and the lower edge of the page is filled with red roses.
To the left of the pair, Aunt May and Uncle Ben are looking at them. They both look very happy, May leaning his head against Ben's shoulder.
And on the right side of the picture, Peter's Mother and Father are holding each other, proud of their son who has just gotten married.
Second Willpower save total 23

DralonXitz

First Post
Daredevil

As Daredevil freefalls down, he glares at the thug in Central Park. With a graceful movement, he twists around and shoots his club at a Light post near the thug, swings around, and leaps down. As he plummets to the floor, he aims the club for the thugs back and fires(Ranged Attack= 10 + 8 + 1(Point Blank)=19)(Damage Save=28)

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
NAMOR the SUB-MARINER

namor-logo.jpg

Page One
1 - NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER faces off against a cloaked foe, both floating above a rocky, sand-covered landscape.

CAPTION: The fight had taken them all the way from the Marseilles waterfront, across the Mediterranean Sea, and eventually into the Sahara Desert. It was only now that Namor, the Crown Prince of Atlantis, realized his mysterious foe's plan.

2 - Namor turns his head to see a half dozen rocky automatons headed in his direction, coming from what looks like ancient Egyptian ruins. Namor's cloaked foe looks on.

CAPTION: Amidst ancient Egyptian ruins, Namor saw them coming - robots disguised as rocky statues. His foe must have set these automatons here to wait for Namor to arrive.

3 - The robots strike Namor, and he fights back. The cloaked figure does nothing.

CAPTION: The Prince of Atlantis would stop them and bring his foe to justice, or die trying!

4 - The robots have Namor's arms and legs, and in our POV, we can see the back of the mysterious figure's head as he takes down his cloak.

CAPTION: But the robots were too much for Namor. They held him, just as Namor's foe was revealed to be --

Page Two
1 - Namor is in a hotel room, thrashing about in his bed.

CAPTION: Namor's sleep had been troubled of late, and even in his waking moments, he could not recall the cause of his nocturnal terrors.

2 - A maid enters the hotel room, holding a feather duster in one hand and a can of spray cleaner in the other. She has a surprised look on her face.

CAPTION: Sophie figured the VIP guest would have been gone by now, and since there was no 'Do Not Distub' sign on the door, the maid entered, intent on going about her work.

3 - Namor tosses and turns in the bed.

CAPTION: Though the Prince of Atlantis would have many important meetings today in New York City, and would represent Atlantis to both the United Nations and several important American interests, it was not the anticipation of these meetings that cause Namor to toss and turn. An unnamed terror, and the memory of imprisonment --

4 - As the sheets finally come off, we can see in the distance that Sophie the maid is shocked, mouth wide open, and a hand moving to cover it.

CAPTION: Sophie got well more than she bargained for. Perhaps she would start on the bathroom instead.

Page Three
1 - Namor is bound to a large, flat rock with thick iron chains.

CAPTION: Namor could do nothing as the moisture, so precious to his body, as with all Atlanteans, turned to vapor, drawn away from the Prince of Atlantis by a thirsty sun.

2 - We see the back of the cloaked figure regarding the chained Namor. The cloak is still down, and we see the back of his head, which looks very similar to Namor's.

NAMOR
What do you want from me?

FIGURE
No one will come for you, Namor. Are you prepared to die?

3 - Hovering in the air behind the figure, who is now covered in shadow, is a large, black, stone object, blocking out the sun.

FIGURE
This will be your new home. It will be your... TOMB...​

4 - In his hotel room, Namor rolls off the bed and onto the floor with a thud.

CAPTION: The nightmare abruptly ends. For now.

Page Four
1 - Namor, dressed in a fine suit and tie, walks down a Manhattan sidewalk. People he passes point and cover their mouths as they recognize him.

CAPTION: The Prince of Atlantis did not care for limousines - he far prefered to walk from his hotel to the UN, despite his advisors' admonitions to the contrary.

GIRL
Oh my God! Is that -- ?​

2 - Namor shakes hands with a dignitary from Cameroon, as several other stuffed suits wait their turn to greet the Atlantean monarch. The UN symbol is seen on the wall between them.

CAPTION: Duties were required of Namor, of course, but he was looking forward, even savoring, a meeting to come after this unpleasantness.

3 - Namor sits alone at a table at a streetside cafe. He is sipping tea.

CAPTION: The best part of his day would be the anticipation. Tea was served, and it wasn't bad at all.

4 - Namor smiles. In the foreground, we see the backside of a woman facing him.

NAMOR
Ahh, Sue Storm. So nice of you to agree to meet me. Please sit down.​

Last edited:

diocletianx

First Post
Sue Richards - the Invisible Girl - Healthy

Sue Richards, the Invisible Girl (a.k.a. Mrs. Fantastic) is busy looking after her brother Johnny who is recovering from an injury. Reed is busy in one of the labs working on a molecular transfusion experiment.

“It's kind of quiet for a change. I wonder if now would be a good time to tell Reed. I've been anxious to tell him since I found out three days ago, but there hasn’t been any time. Things are just too chaotic in this house!"

She walks into the 'game' room

"Johnny, would you like some cookies? I made a fresh batch.
It's so nice to have you home"

Johnny - "Sure sis. Just put em down."

"I think Johnny is doing OK. It's so hard to tell these days when people are so intense at their video games."

Sue walks down the hall towards Reed's lab.

"Maybe some cookies will be a good ice breaker for what I have to tell him."

"What's this?"
Sue looking into the modern 6'x4' mirror in the hallway.

"What happened to me? I can't see my image in the mirror. Did I go invisible accidentally? Wait.... I'm back again...oh..no..I'm invisible again. I think I'm going to be sick."

Sue runs back down the hall to the bathroom.

After several minutes, Sue emerges from the bathroom.

"I think I need to get outside for some fresh air. I'm worried that my powers are interferring with my pregnancy. I'd hate to tell Reed only to be one of his guinea pigs as he looks for source of my problem."

"Anyway, I think I'm feeling better. It's probably normal. As normal as pregnant Invisible Girl can be."

"Let's work this out Neiman-Marcus"

"Johnny! Ben! Tell Reed I went out to go shopping"

Sue leaves the elevator at the Baxter Building and receives a letter from the doorman. "This note is for you Mrs. Richards."

"It looks like it's from the UN", Sue thinks to herself. "I wonder..."

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Thor - Ultimates

*Thor watches Captain America dodge the incoming fire and smiles slightly as he retaliates, attacking the group of nazi-bots with his amazing shield.*

By Odin, he's good. Thor thinks to himself, it's amazing what these mortals can do given the chance.

*Thor glances around and spots the remaining Panzer as well as the aircraft coming in for a strafing run*

"Hope you don't mind a little company Cap, but Fury would be pissed if you were late for the meeting. Besides, it looked like you could use the help." Thor tells him jokingly.

*Once again Mjolnir is set loose as Thor hurls it towards the last remaining Panzer*

Attack roll: 22 Damage Save: 40 - (armor rating) note: protection reduced by 2

Remove ads