• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Uncanny Dodge vs Blindness?

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
We could discuss how it says "as if all his enemies were invisible", but it's not really that important to me. It would still be nice to have an erratta that said:
Uncanny Dodge: At 2nd level and above, the barbarian retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) if caught flat-footed or struck by an attacker that he cannot see.
Oh well, I guess they wanted to save money on editors so that they wouldn't have to charge us outrageous prices for soft-cover supplements...

Last edited:

IceBear

Explorer
The problem with that terminology is that it opens up a can of worms as you would have to adjudicate when he "couldn't see" his attacker.

Even though there is no facing anymore, players would argue that they sneaked up behind someone and struck them so he couldn't have seen them, etc.

I think they chose "invisibility" just to use something they thought was cut and dried (though obviously it's not)

IceBear

Remove ads