D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I've only ever given out this much stuff once before, during this campaign actually. It worked out fine. The players loved it. They had lots of fun divvying it all up and using their stuff. And they got to use stuff that nobody ever gets to use. So I don't mind that there's just SO MUCH THERE. I've had a friend that has warned me against these kind of Monty Haul campaigns, but I justify it with the difficulty of the campaign. And lets be honest, Waterdeep is the only bastion of civilization left. Everywhere else has been looted and destroyed, which means there's a Frick Ton of stuff lying around for anyone to take. If you could find Elminster's hut, you could just go through and pillage the place. Not that I've included that, but you know what I mean.

Of course, not every magical item is a boon...
You mean like a Deck of Many Things? Gee thanks! Also, might he accept non magical items if they're found to be worth some significant value? That, or holding off on claiming treasure until we're at least making good an escape? Any of these items could prove invaluable in the current mission.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As for the Deck. I'd be prone to not want to give that to him as bad things could happen if the wrong card was drawn. Although, I wonder how Aygury would interact with the deck if we asked about the results in a specific fashion. I.e. "Would it be a good idea for character X to draw y cards from the deck?"

Shayuri

First Post
Oh man. A Deck. As much as I, the player, know better...I can't see Bunny being not-crazy enough to turn a shot at that down.

Hail Chaos.

How many cards in the deck?

Shayuri

First Post
Man. I hope I don't have to roll a new character, lol...

[roll0]

Bunny will draw...hmm...one card. Risk it all on the roll of the dice! HERKADERK GUIDE ME.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm sorry. I know how much you loved the chaoticness of Bunny, and I hope this doesn't ruin the character for you. It's funny that the very thing that led her to draw the card, her chaoticness, is what is being altered by the card. Kind of...poetic, don't you think?

As for how I chose it, I just went down the list. You rolled a d22, and number 20 on the list in the DMG is Balance.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'm so drawing some if we find out. Hopefully, she is not CE now

OOC: EDIT
The captain is looking for an extra reward? One full extra ship isn't enough? And heaps of money that we cannot take with us...

Does he get to choose or we give him something? Amitiel is new to the party and will not say anything...but MY (neurotics) thoughts:
- take both extra storage spaces
- take the pigment
- give him the mask
- potentially give him the deck of many things after the party takes its cut :)

Last edited:

Remove ads