D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry for the confusion, it is indeed protector aasimar daily ability. It gives flying for 1 minute AND extra damage.

When I said 'celestial warlock' feature I simply meant 'my character' not thinking that it had mechanics meaning. I was still in description mode from the post.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad half collapsed against the rail as they pulled away from the wreckage and other ships. He watched the other ship flounder with only 4 skeletons for crew and then back to the ship they were on. The was a mess, and he found himself drawn to study the nearest corpse with a sudden keen interest.

tglassy

Adventurer
So yeah, if you survive the stuff I throw at you, I figure you should be rewarded. None of this "You found 250 gold!"

I figure these ships have been sailing the seas, hijacking any boats that come out and taking whatever shiny things they have, and they've been doing it for decades. I will not tell you whether or not it's just these ships or if there's more, or how many, just know I know the answer to that. However, for the treasure, I tried to steer clear of anything that the pirates could have used to fight you, so this isn't where you would find magic swords and armor and the like. I have plans for where you find those. Let's just say that with each completed mission, you find more and more cool stuff to help you with the others. Instead, this stuff should be useful, things that rich people may have had when they got hijacked. And a few surprises. If we ever get to the end of this game, then rest assured you will each be loaded with amazingness. You'll need it.

You got a lot of gold. Some of those things might be magical, some won't be, but they're all worth something. Now, whether or not you can find someone who can buy them, that's another story. Same with the gold. The economy isn't what it used to be. Infusing the city with 20,000 gold pieces could cause some problems if you're not careful. So the wealth is...well it's useful, but not as much as one might think, at least not until the economy is fixed. But that's what you're out here to do, right? Fix the economy?

Do any of you have a merchant background? Or a reasonable reason as to why you would be able to appraise the value of things?

Don't forget you lost a party member to the seas, and you gained another one. Your characters probably need an introduction, and some time to mourn, if you cared at all.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So yeah... Would a FR priest of the God of knowledge even minister to the dead or dying? Also, Galahad is easily distracted by shines. It's his flaw.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hoo, lotta stuff! Bunny will help identify things, and has zero problem with the captain having both ships, as long as he lets us use one of them.

tglassy

Adventurer
I've only ever given out this much stuff once before, during this campaign actually. It worked out fine. The players loved it. They had lots of fun divvying it all up and using their stuff. And they got to use stuff that nobody ever gets to use. So I don't mind that there's just SO MUCH THERE. I've had a friend that has warned me against these kind of Monty Haul campaigns, but I justify it with the difficulty of the campaign. And lets be honest, Waterdeep is the only bastion of civilization left. Everywhere else has been looted and destroyed, which means there's a Frick Ton of stuff lying around for anyone to take. If you could find Elminster's hut, you could just go through and pillage the place. Not that I've included that, but you know what I mean.

Of course, not every magical item is a boon...

Remove ads