• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undead Armys

Burn_Boy

First Post
That's actually good, the siege battle is going to be the final encounter of the campaign, the PCs being led on a "wild goose chase" distracting them from the necromancer slaughtering outlying borders towns for his troops. Doing something similar to that can be an optional ending if the PCs get wise to what's going on.

kinem

Adventurer
Do you guys think that feats like these would be overpowered, and if so, how much?

Master of skeletons
prerequisite: ability to cast animate dead
Benefit: Mindless skeletons of 2 HD or less which you animate don't count against your limit on the number of HD of animated undead that you can control.

Master of zombies
prerequisite: ability to cast animate dead
Benefit: Mindless zombies of 2 HD or less which you animate don't count against your limit on the number of HD of animated undead that you can control.

Burn_Boy

First Post
They don't seem to be but a creative player could abuse them. But really, the number is so low that it hardly seems worth it.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Going with the hierarchy idea, I cam across something when I was looking over the animate dead spell. Sorcerers and Wizards get Animate Dead at level seven and the spell states "Regardless of the type of undead you create with this spell, you can't create more HD of undead than twice your caster level with a single casting of animate dead. The desecrate spell doubles this limit." so in theroy, I could create a 14 HD skeleton or zombie with this spell. Also, if I'm looking at this right, I could make ANY kind of zombie or skeleton. So if I'm reading this all right, could I create a Burning(1 HD) Bloody(1 HD) Skeletal Champion (2 HD) with six level in Cleric (6HD) with a small swarm of normal skeletons to protect him as he used his own Animate Dead spell to do the same over and over and so forth?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads