D&D 5E Undead, how charming...

Eejit

First Post
It's also odd that Undead don't seem to be immune to disease, unless that is falling under the "poisoned" condition heading. Which it may well do.

Yes, there's definetely room for some odd scenario here. I can easily see many DMs will houserule it, whether they know it or not, to honour tradition :)

In my games I think I'll try to stick to the rules as presented at first, the good thing about D&D is that you can always find some weird explanation to weird things.

I'll use the "hacking" thing for enchantment magic, and "poison" can be seen as something actually damaging the physical structure of corporeal undead, after all you can be a zombie but you still need more or less stable legs to move.

But, some situations like the fatigued skeletons seem tough to be explained. I suppose they did want to keep low monster immunities in order not to make monsters always viable thanks to BA but also always vulnerable more or less to all PCs...time will tell if it's worth the strain to beliavibility.

I warn you, my players - not characters - thought they were some kind of illusion :)

mcbobbo

Explorer
As above, I can see a charmed skeleton explained as the magic modifying who it sees as allies. Easy peasy.

I could see a fatigued skeleton being like those in Planescape Torment - they're falling apart and the magic is having a hard time coping.

Remove ads