Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
Unable to resist the temptation of the treasure horde, Boris had also snatched a stack of gold and a pair of magical trinkets. "Keep your heads. Stick together. Fear is your worst enemy, Panic is a step towards death. A calm mind is your only true ally when death stalks near" roars Boris, intoning one of the mantras of the Crimson Legion over the terrible noise of the groaning stone behind them his voice a river over tranquillity that washes over his companions.

[sblock=OOC] I had understood that the NPC's would have to beat the challenge as well. If base wealth isn't in danger it's all good. Let's see how it plays out. Group Aid option makes it very feasible.

Round 1
Boris takes 1 x 500 stack and 2 x extra Magic items accepting a -3 penalty to rolls.

3 Group aids so far this round = +6 bonus
Boris will use Diplomacy to calm panic and clear heads as his aid group roll: 12 vs DC 12 = Success
Group bonus now at +8; -3 Treasure, so Endurance +7+8-3 = 1d20+12= 18=Success
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse has a hard enough time dodging the falling rocks as it is; she doesn't try to scoop up any extra treasure. As she dashes toward the exit, she tries to lift the group's spirits. "The undead couldn't stop us, and these boulders aren't going to either!" (Well, perhaps Alek would disagree.)

OOC: Group aid: Diplomacy 28 succeeds. (1d20+10)

Main roll 1: Athletics 29 succeeds. (1d20+5+8 aid)

facusm

First Post
"Impo took a lot of risk to get the Amut treasure, Impo is not going to rush" Impo takes money and a lot of objects. "All of you, if you want to live follow Impo, Impo has his own path and knows pretty well this cave" Impo starts to run.

OOC: Impo took 1 x 500 stack and 3 x extra Magic items. So -4 penalty to rolls.

[sblock=Action]
Group Aid: Nature (12) succeeds. (LinK://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4194725/)

Main Roll: Athletics (22) succeeds. (LinK://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4194728/)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group manages to avoid the worst of the collapse. They turn a corridor before it collapses after them, showering them in a cloud of dust and rock particles! The adventurers, weighted down by the loot keep running and taking the shortest turns. The ceiling above their heads starts to dislodge again and they have to press on again!

[sblock=OOC]
Everyone pass this time! A new round of rolls. Remember Group aid another last for the round they are rolled.
Facusm, is Impo speaking about the tunnel he came from?
I like this peace people, lets keep it up so we can warp this out.
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: So since I went first, do everyone's Aid Another bonuses affect me this round, or affect my check last round retroactively?

Chambers glances back to see how the others are doing. So far their luck was holding: Zaroch's recollection of the mine had led them to no dead ends, and he and Kurnos had successfully spotted every sinkhole and impending cave-in that might otherwise have caught the others. Chambers himself wasn't particularly hale or hearty, but he possessed a wiry strength that this far had served to keep his legs pumping. He grits his teeth and hefts his heavy pack of riches.

OOC: Group Aid Anothers DC 12:
Kurnos, Perception 28
Zaroch, History 1
Chambers, Perception 16

Chambers Round 1 Athletics Check (-4 extra items): 27, PASS

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
They affect retroactively. So if anyone seems to fail a check, wait to see the results of the aid another. Did you just copy paste your reply from last round? I won't allow any aid another bonus with that kind of attitude =P I hope you are planing on editing.

WEContact

First Post
They affect retroactively. So if anyone seems to fail a check, wait to see the results of the aid another. Did you just copy paste your reply from last round? I won't allow any aid another bonus with that kind of attitude =P I hope you are planing on editing.
OOC: I copied and pasted the post, but linked to new rolls and changed the results to match those new rolls. Oh I did forget to rewrite the description part, whoops!

jbear

First Post
Sensing the necrotic energies from above seeping through and befuddling his mind, confusing his movements, Boris called upon his training in the ways of Ioun to clear his thoughts. Sensing the others were feeling the same cold grip, he projected that magical calm out towards his companions as he followed the minotaur through the maze.

[sblock=Actions]
Aid group 25 vs DC 12 Success
Endurance 23 vs DC 16 Success (Group bonuses not needed this round)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse realizes that if anyone loses focus at a time like this, it could be the end of them. She tries to soothe peoples nerves: "This isn't so hard after all... Nothing to worry about, eh?"

Just at that moment, a rock dislodges from the ceiling a few paces in front of Ilse. She doesn't notice it coming!

OOC: Group aid: Diplomacy 20 succeeds. (1d20+10)

Main roll 2: Athletics 14 fails, but will pass if one more person makes an aid another check this round. (1d20+5+4 aid)

Remove ads