Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana:Are they revealing limitations in the 5th edition system?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
They took a week off, which is fine since they have been doing weekly; Mondays, they announced on Twitter nothing this week. Sorcerer is up this coming Monday.

Ohhh, that.

Do you have a link? I'd love to see the exact words.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I'm not quoting several people so here is a list of what I would like UA to cover.

1: Racial/Class specific feats.

2: Battlemaster Maneuvers.

3: New Monster special attacks.

4: Wizards of High Sorcery: (Moon Phase Mechanics) ( I'm a Dragonlance fan).

5: More mounted combat.

6: More underwater combat.

7: More aerial combat.

8: More/Alternate uses for Channel Divinity.

9: Alternate armour rules. (Example would be DR).

10: They are game designers. How about something we've not seen before?

11: Will post more when I remember them.
12. Warlord full class.

I trust no one else used '12?'
Wouldn't want the un-lucky 13. ;)

Last edited:

No reason we can't have a warlord class and warlord-y subclasses for other classes. There are wizards who stab things and fighters who cast spells.

I would be most interested in a warlord-y mystic subclass (to me my X-men). I would be good with a warlord class as long as there was a 1/3 caster subclass that primarily used wizard divination and enchantment spells (good enough for the fighter and the rogue....).

Tony Vargas

Legend
No reason we can't have a warlord class and warlord-y subclasses for other classes. There are wizards who stab things and fighters who cast spells.

I would be most interested in a warlord-y mystic subclass (to me my X-men).
Ardent?

I would be good with a warlord class as long as there was a 1/3 caster subclass that primarily used wizard divination and enchantment spells (good enough for the fighter and the rogue....).
Nod. This is 5e, afterall. There's always more than one way to get to a concept. Sure, you /could/ 'just' MC, but lets have an EK and Bladesinger and AT (and Mage-Commander? Spiral Tactician?) as well. ;)

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend

I would be most interested in a warlord-y mystic subclass (to me my X-men). I would be good with a warlord class as long as there was a 1/3 caster subclass that primarily used wizard divination and enchantment spells (good enough for the fighter and the rogue....).

Minimizing base classes has been a design goal from word "Go" with this edition: given that a healer isn't even needed for a balanced party, the mechanical niche isn't all that open, and the story niche is fairly small...given that we already gave subclasses that fill both, don't see a strong reason they would go beyond subclass for the concept...

Remove ads