• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Sorcerers: Favored Souls, Phoenix Sorcery, Sea Sorcery, & Stone Sorcery

Favored Soul (again), Phoenix Sorcery, Sea Sorcery, Earth Sorcery. Could this be the start of Elementalists?

Favored Soul (again), Phoenix Sorcery, Sea Sorcery, Earth Sorcery.

Could this be the start of Elementalists?

They reprinted the Goliath in multiple books. I see no reason why they wouldn't reprint the SCAG cantrips or EEPG spells in a different book containing these.
I think that this will be the case as well. Given that we'll be seeing new additions for all sorts of things, I wouldn't be surprised to see an expanded spell list in the upcoming expansion. If we do, it would be reasonable to have SCAG/EEPG spes there for convenience...

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Cyvris

First Post
Favored Soul-Why did they have to take the one gish I liked and kill it?

Stone Sorcery-Oh...that's why, welcome back 4e Swordmage, you've been gone FAR too long.

If I'm ever able to play instead of DMing I know exactly what I'd actually roll now. Half-Elf Stone Sorc looks super fun and might actually make staying single class Sorc useful for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garresh

First Post
Man, that Favored Soul looks seriously broken. If you went Dwarf or Lizardfolk for AC, you can basically make a better cleric.

mellored

Legend
Nice to see some effects beyond generic +1HP and +cha to damage.

Also, get 2 stone sorcerer rogues with booming blade, cause why not.

ajanders

Explorer
I'm disappointed in the Favored Soul. While I think the extra spells from the original UA Favored Soul could have a been a little powerful, limiting the spells to a single domain(deity) was very fitting. I dislike opening it to all the cleric spells. Plus, compared to the Sorcerer spell, I can't really see picking many cleric spells over the spells the Sorcerer already has access to. I also miss the weapon and armor proficiencies and especially I miss the wings. I thought that was the coolest aspect of the class. Holy Warrior that works toward his goal until finally earning his wings in the service of his deity. Between the two, I would still prefer the first Favored Soul UA.

I don't think this Favored Soul is meant to be another holy warrior. That's what clerics and paladins are for. This Favored Soul is meant to be Gandalf.
I think they both have a place at the table, but I think the Holy Warrior Favored Soul is stepping on the paladin and cleric's toes.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'm thinking for the mantle of phoenix and other rest based 1st level abilities to allow extra uses through sorcery points, once the player gets sorcery points.

What would the right cost be for that? 2 points, 3?

Remove ads

Remove ads